FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

KeyMaps + Clickbars

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Plaiides

Post Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:50 pm

KeyMaps + Clickbars

Hello i have a few questions about keymaps and clickbars

i already have a few clickbars in SWTOR basicly some self casting stuff, now im wondering how to setup a keymap that will work with a clickbar for the ability "ravage" this ability is differant from the clickbars i created because this abbility is used on the enemy and is not self-casted, so i am wondering how do i create a keymap that will assist my driver's target so i can use the skill, because right now i cant use it because the clickbar doesnt assist my drivers target so it has nothing to use it on.

im trying to set up a 4 button ravage clickbar for all my toons where i rightclick the clickbar and it cast's on my drivers target, so basicly assist my main

i realize that there is prob a step im missing for like

step-1 : assist target
step-2 : alt+5 to cast abbility

just have no idea how to set this up as my experiance with clickbars is a bit limited.
but hope i explained this correctly.

right now i have abbilites for clickbars like "sabre ward" and "medpack" but those are easy to create since there self targeted
im just trying to setup one which will target my mains target like my assist key is alt+a so when i press that all my toons target my mains target. now what i want is for "ravage" to be able to be casted threw clickbars so i need to figure out how to setup a keymap that will assist + cast "ravage" with a clickbar

thanks in advance
plaiides
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:58 am

Re: KeyMaps + Clickbars

You could configure the mapped key that the click bar you do have that runs, to have multiple steps. Step 1, runs a Do Mapped Key Action which calls the Non-Combat, Assist Me mapped key, Step 2 runs you ravage ability. This means you would need to double click this click bar.

Another option is to vary the implementation of the Clickbar Healing guide here, viewtopic.php?p=30588#p30588, and in the place of selecting Target Slot 1 etc in the Group Heal Target mapped keys, you can instead perform a Do Mapped Key Action, and select the Non-Combat, Assist Me mapped key.
Note, I haven't tried this so it might not work due to how the Assist Me mapped key is setup.
<<

WARwaaagh

Post Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:23 am

well, I had my Key Maps sets targeting Slot1, Slot2, Slot3, and Slot4. As used Sorcerer Combat Key Maps example below:
Sorcerer Key Maps Set.PNG
Sorcerer Key Maps Set.PNG (8.77 KiB) Viewed 14589 times
Sorcerer Dark Heal 1.PNG
Sorcerer Dark Heal 1.PNG (27.65 KiB) Viewed 14589 times

You can see I had separate all the abilities and target to Slot 1...Slot 2...Slot 3...Slot4 individually. But before you start setup these key Maps, you need to bring all the in-game abilities into Variable Keystrokes. Like this:
Variable Keystrokes.PNG
Variable Keystrokes.PNG (13.71 KiB) Viewed 14589 times

When you done all the Keystrokes, any abilities you can put into you slot to run live, you just press a hotkey whatever keyboard or mouse. I had used Logitech G600 Macro mouse. You can see this threat viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6787 I had 2 screenshot there.
<<

Plaiides

Post Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:47 am

Thank you for all this information it was really helpful, now i am just curious about your AutoFollow button how exacly do you have that set up and what does it do specifically? lol im really interested in that
<<

WARwaaagh

Post Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:43 am

Well, the Auto-follow Key Maps was similar the "Follow Me" Mapped Key under Non-combat. If you playing 2, 3, or 4 same characters/classes, "Follow Me" will be easy to setup and use. But, if you playing 4 difference classes/characters, some classes like Empire Agent(Sniper/Operactive), Republic Smuggle(Gunslinger/Soundrel); These 4 classes both has an ability skills call "Take Cover". If you had played the class before you knew what take cover mean. After killed the mods, you just moved around or jump out to kill the Cover.

But if you playing 4 instances with difference classes, and the main slot wasn't these 4 class above, so you need to setup an individual follow me Mapped Keys to kill the cover, and following the main.
My 4man boxer has both Follow Me Mapped Keys, the Empire Agent (Operative) I set <Move Left> to kill the cover. You can also set to <Jump> or other...
Juggeranut auto follow.PNG
Juggeranut auto follow.PNG (24.08 KiB) Viewed 14567 times

The final Key Maps is Combat. You can put all the Pre-set Mapped Keys together, and mark with hotkeys (my Combat Hotkey is Num 4). After these all done, when you press Num 4 hotkey, all instances will follow the main (like Juggeranut is main), Operactive will move left to break the cover than follow to Juggeranut.
Combat auto-follow.PNG
Combat auto-follow.PNG (24.5 KiB) Viewed 14567 times

Wish can answer your question, and fulfilled your curious :)
<<

Plaiides

Post Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:31 pm

Very Informative post thanks again man really helpful, i had just seen that and was very curious haha.

i am running a basic group atm 4 juggernaughts and was just curious as to the autofollow set up you had, i've seen videos of 4 juggernaughts moving in combat and still attacking just have not figured out how to do this specifically.

right now i have it where my main is moving but the 3 others are not moving in combat, i do hit the follow key but to attack they are not moving too much, not a big problem but seen another 4 man juggernaught team always moving while in combat.
<<

WARwaaagh

Post Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:51 pm

Hey, where are your 4man playing? Which server you playing? I just think after my game patch finish, i can logon my 4man empire at Begeren Colony (US West) for your Live Show! :D

My Juggeranut DPS Combat (Lvl 60)Mapped Keys like this:
1. Force Charge
2. Aegis Assault
3. Crushing Blow
4. Vicious Throw

Whatever I switched the main, Juggeranut DPS will following these actions one by one (1 press doing 1 action); Of course if your 4man are same class, you can set the massive damage DPS skills first (coz Force Charge can build 6 rage)then the lower one, then other lower one... But the main you can directly control with your keyboard, other 3 instances just assist.

Here is my DPS Combat action hotkey and active the Combat screenshot:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (32.33 KiB) Viewed 14543 times

You can review the rest of my screenshot, make them together and think again... ISBoxer Toolkit can edit anytime while you still in=game. If you still can't figure out, I can share my 4man profile to you. My profile still have huge gap to develop, and I'm still thinking how to do it.

Wish can help you! :lol:
<<

Plaiides

Post Wed May 06, 2015 12:09 pm

Hey sorry for the delay in response, i am playing on jedi covenant server atm,

thanks for all your help man i really appreciate it, shed some light on a lot of my questions :D

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic