FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Unable to retrieve patch data.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

clone516

Post Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:58 am

Unable to retrieve patch data.

Unable to retrieve patch data. Please check network connection (208). I've receive this for quite a long time and i have no idea what is wrong. My internet is working fine and i cant really find what is the problem. This is my diagnostics report http://privatepaste.com/5dec0600b7. Some help would be very much appreciated:D
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:34 am

Re: Unable to retrieve patch data.

So, for starters I'd patch outside of Inner Space letting the game run normally to do so. If you're receiving this error outside of Inner Space (your post isn't that clear), then you'd be better off looking on the SWTOR forums, e.g. this thread is one, and this post within it has a possible solution (there are a few other possibles in the thread too if you keep reading).

SWTOR CS say that the error you are getting is normally received because the launcher cannot download the patch manifest, and usually comes from issues with proxies/vpns/routing/dns/firewalls, so those are the places to start (although some of the routing/dns stuff may be beyond your home).

Then if that's not the issue, I'd remove the Compatibility settings on SWTOR.
Code:
Application Compatibility flags under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers:
c:\program files (x86)\electronic arts\bioware\star wars - the old republic\swtor\retailclient\swtor.exe: HIGHDPIAWARE

And after that, I'd start shutting down and uninstalling (you need to uninstall some products to stop them from loading) various things that are unnecessary to the running of Inner Space and SWTOR until I found what was causing the problem.

In your case, I'd start with Trend Micro.
<<

clone516

Post Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:17 pm

Re: Unable to retrieve patch data.

ive remove trend micro. Not sure how to remove the compatibility settings in swtor

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic