FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Help please

Moderator: MiRai

<<

greenmile502

Post Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:23 am

Help please

I keep getting outline of the launcher but then notthing happens. When i run it in Innerspace but when i run it alone it works fine. ran diognotic tool http://privatepaste.com/c8d09f366b
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:13 am

Re: Help please

So for starters remove the Application Compatibilty settings you have configured on Inner Space, SWTOR, CCC

Code:
Application Compatibility flags under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers:
0 C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\ISBoxer Toolkit.exe: WIN7RTM RUNASADMIN
0 C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\InnerSpace.exe: #
0 E:\Star Wars-The Old Republic\launcher.exe: WIN7RTM RUNASADMIN
0 C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CCC.exe: WIN7RTM RUNASADMIN

None of these should be necessary, and no idea what the # even represents (an error I'd guess).
If you need app compatibility settings because you have disabled UAC, then don't disable UAC. Doing so actually disabled some file virtualisation features of Windows, and prevents applications that require elevation from being able to ask for it. Yes you can then set the RUNASADMIN flag, but 1. this doesn't magically turn on the features that disabling UAC disables, and 2. it loads the App Compatibility database into the process, which creates a new potential conflict. If you cannot turn off the WIN7RTM flags because it then just wont work, you need to figure out why this is the case, because Inner Space and ISBoxer should work quite happily without any AppCompat flags, and the need to have them there indicates a much wider issue. Your graphics driver interface CCC.exe, should definitely NOT need the AppCompat flags. These are WHQL certified for Windows and will run natively.

Other things that come to mind are: it's showing Bitraider as still active. Bitraider is incompatible with Inner Space and it is normally disabled when Inner Space has detected SWTOR by itself. If you needed to add SWTOR manually to Inner Space, then you should have added the -nobitraider parameter. If you didn't you can fix this in your Game Profile. Note that this will fully download SWTOR, which currently stands around 28.1GB (the "full" install of SWTOR normally clocks in around 15GB when bitraider is still enabled). You will need to make sure you have enough room for the additional data.

And finally. Mumble has been known to cause issues
<<

greenmile502

Post Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:07 am

Re: Help please

still not working i did what you said the game will not run unless capability mode is on. i turned nothing off it quit working yesterday after i got a call from omnisoft saying my comp has a virus but i refused to do busnisse with them because of past then i did windows update and ran a scan on virus software it found nothing.

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic