FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

another question

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Plaiides

Post Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:43 pm

another question

First off thanks for the answers on the other questions i really appreciate it like i said im a pretty big noob when it comes to the program.

now for the next question is it possible for multiple target assist like alt+a makes my other toons target the target of my main which is the tank but what happends if i want to target 1 target with my main and another target with lets say my sorcs if that makes any sense, another question also what happens when i get my 4th toon in as a healer and i assist him will he be healing the enemies also?

also i seen in the tutorial videos it seems like the wow version of multibox was flawlessly like right now i have my obvious 1-10 abilities that get key mapped to the other toons and i use Shit-1 2 ,3 ,4 ,5 for my main tank but is there a way to make a dps rotation were it does it automaticly like i seen in mirai's video of the wow thing he was almost just pressing one key for everything, all the information is avail to me just not sure how to use it properly sorry. as of now im just using the basic kep map with 3 toons 1 tank and 2 sorcs then il add the healing toon.

lol im so confused about setting this up properly the guides did help alot but its still kind tricky i would be willing to pay for help at this point so i could get this working, think any devs or someone knowlegable can help me set this up the way i want to either threw IM or skype...

if not its all good like i said i apreciate the help in advance
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:07 pm

Re: another question

The first part of diff targets is hard.

You either switch to each character, and target them separately, or you need to treat all the slaves as dumb ass drones. To have them on a different target to your main, you main needs to target something, you ALT+A, everyone targets that, then your main can switch, and you don't ALT+A and viola, you have diff targets (this only works if your mapped keys/menus aren't sending Assist every time you hit a hotkey). If you want each toon to be separate targets, then you need some more hotkeys, so CTRL+A gets one specific drone to assist your main, and SHIFT+A gets another drone to assist your main. This way you can switch on your main and then CTRL+A, or SHIFT+A, etc.
The other option is to use an ATG for your assist action target, and as you set each target via your main and ALT+A, you have another hotkey to drop a drone out of the ATG, so when you set your next target, and assist, one of the drones isn't swapping target. You then need yet another hotkey to put everyone back into the ATG. Get complicated fast.

Healers tend not to heal enemies. The mechanics of the game usually prevent it. However to make sure that the healer will target a character of yours rather than be targeting an enemy, I prefer not to have them in my assist group. I manage this by removing them from my Assisting ATG, unless they will be able to DPS in some way when I don't need heals. You can have other options by after they are assisting you can then use clickbars or some other mechanism to get your healer to re-target your characters. Some healing methods are discussed here in MiRai's video, and there is a Clickbar Healing guide here.

As for extra abilities. You can add as many mapped keys as you can handle. You can also add extra overlay click menus if you prefer clicking. Menus are discussed here, along with the methods to add new ones.

Finally, the just press one key and stuff happens. That is MMO-Pro config. It takes a little while to get your head around, but it is effectively per character class configuration, and then some settings that redirect a single key press to that per character class configuration. It is discussed, and some videos here. If you are still no too sure of how the basic config is actually doing stuff, then the Pro-Config may be something you want to tackle a little later. It's not too tricky to understand as it is purely substitution at it's heart (e.g. in a football game, if the time calls for a different style of play, you sub in a different style player); but sometimes people are busy having their mind blown just with the basic setup.
<<

Plaiides

Post Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:27 pm

Once again thanks for the awesome info, i will defenatly have to read read read and learn because as of now its working but i cant see it working for the more advanced gaming features but has anyone actually gotten 4 chars working properly on swotor and done flashpoints and stuff which brings me to another question how are people dealing with the game mechanics regarding certain bosses which require special movements like knockback or other dungeon mechanics which need to make the characters either move out of the way or expert style stuff
<<

Ericone

Post Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:10 am

I only multi-box in SWTOR, so I can't talk about what is possible in other games. For SWTOR though, you can do Flashpoints pretty well up to the colicoid war games. There is a challenge early in that one where each character mans a turret. Tried a few different things, but couldn't get it to work multiboxing.

You say you're using a 4 man group. Have you considered playing with just two? Because the thing SWTOR has going for it is the companions. In a two man group you can use companions for whatever roles your PCs aren't filling. Not as elegant, but the programming is much easier. Just a thought.

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic