FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Big problem for a big noob ^^

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bloodrum

Post Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:01 am

Big problem for a big noob ^^

Hi and sorry for my English
I'm really disappointed with isboxer, I followed the guide swtor isboxer on youtube but I am facing a problem that could make me give up.
Alt + F and alt + A keys works well but only if my current character is target by all the other characters. that''s normal but in the video guide , the characters Automatically target the character to follow .
Same with assist nothing is auto , i need constantly switch swreen for targeting my main character and press Alt+F or A .
Im sur its stupidity and im juste dont understand how that works . thx for reply
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:41 am

Re: Big problem for a big noob ^^

I'm not sure which video guide you're referring to because there isn't an "official" SWTOR video guide on the ISBoxer site (at least I don't think so), but the behavior you describe is how the game works. There is no macro system in the game, but the followers need a way to assist the main character, and the only way to accomplish that is by first targeting the leader before they can assist. The Quick Setup Wizard should have set up a 2-Step Mapped Key that works on both press and release, so when you press the key your characters target your main, and when you release it they all hit the in-game assist key binding.
<<

bloodrum

Post Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:17 am

Yeah that right ! but only release seem works for me on any key , for the time , i use it with active broadcast , desactivated mouvement for toons ans use F1 for re target main in the group before use alt + F but this is not a solution , my keyboard is a low end wireless keyboard , and use razer naga , maybe there is an issu with it ............... I tested to desactive macro and razer naga driver but nothing .......... i followed this vids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPc9pBj-47k
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:04 am

I'm gonna suggest you have a read through this post, viewtopic.php?p=29402#p29402 which details how it is supposed to work if you have configured the targeting correctly (and to be fair, the Setup Wizard does do this for you unless you have changed the default in game key binds, at which point you will need to set the wizard options values).

And also noted here if you like bigger pictures. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Common_modifica ... y_Bindings
<<

Ericone

Post Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:45 pm

bloodrum wrote:for re target main in the group before use alt + F but this is not a solution

In general SWTOR does not like alt as a broadcast key modifier. Everywhere you can, change the modifier to something else (I use shift) and you'll have much better response.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:17 pm

bloodrum wrote:i followed this vids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPc9pBj-47k

So there is an official video. ;)

Ericone wrote:
bloodrum wrote:for re target main in the group before use alt + F but this is not a solution

In general SWTOR does not like alt as a broadcast key modifier. Everywhere you can, change the modifier to something else (I use shift) and you'll have much better response.

That is good advice and something that slipped my mind. A handful of games don't play nice with modifier keys and it's generally best to switch vital functions (like assist and follow) away from modifiers altogether.

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic