FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

redownload the full game client through isboxer

Moderator: MiRai

<<

oraclex

Post Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:44 pm

redownload the full game client through isboxer

Hello,I meet a strange situation.I can login swtor and play manually through launcher.exe.

But When I launch the game through isboxer,after inputing the password and click Login,the launcher begin to download the full game client.
The 1.56g video is already downloaded,now It begin to download main asset 1(11.5g).

I didn't find any information about this situation.And I wonder whether it's intended or something is wrong.
Thanks for the support.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:58 pm

Re: redownload the full game client through isboxer

There are a handful of threads scattered throughout this forum which talk about SWTOR and bitraider. With that said, you're not re-downloading the entire client... you're finally downloading the entire client. Bitraider is a streaming service that allows the game to be played without being full downloaded onto your computer. Inner Space is not compatible with bitraider so it disables it, which makes the launcher download the entire game onto your computer.

You will need to let the entire game client download (~30GB) before you're able to play it through Inner Space.
<<

oraclex

Post Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:36 am

ok ,thanks for the answer!
<<

echoism

Post Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:17 pm

As I've just had to deal with this myself, the game client does, in fact, redownload the entire game if you turn off bitraider. Its not really an innerspace nor isboxer issue, other than both require bitraider to be off (which isboxer does for you, but can be done yourself by editing the launcher.settings in the game folder.
Code:
, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"SSN\"}"
, "bitraider_download_complete": { }
, "log_levels": "INFO,SSNFO,ERROR"
, "bitraider_disable": "true"

This could conceivably be a problem if you launch the game outside of IS or isboxer, and it updates with bitraider, it might cause you to have to redownload the client. I disabled my bitraider in the settings file just to be certain.

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic