FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Introduce a new main in to a group

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Quotius

Post Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:32 pm

Introduce a new main in to a group

Hi all,

I'm boxing SWTOR, struggled in a dungeon and thought, I know I'll swap out the front man to one of my old characters. The only trouble is now that he's in the group none of the slaves want to follow him. Is there something obvious I'm missing in terms of getting them to follow - I can see they're not picking up the new guy in the target - but I've no idea what's telling in order for them to pick up him as a new target?

Thanks in advance

Q.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:03 pm

Re: Introduce a new main in to a group

What you're missing is that now that you put a different character in the group, everyone in the group needs an updated targeting table (which you may have originally filled in at the end of the Quick Setup Wizard, on the Game Key Bindings tab). The party is ordered differently in every window depending on which characters are in the group, and now you've thrown it off by putting a different one in :) -- This is a SWTOR-specific problem since other games for the most part order the group depending on the order they were invited to the group (or the order they join, which is only slightly different); SWTOR does not.

MiRai demonstrates how to update this temporarily on the fly, in the game, in his Variable Keystrokes video at 8:07: http://youtu.be/Nl6MZxHXAoA?t=8m7s
<<

Quotius

Post Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:41 pm

Re: Introduce a new main in to a group

That worked - getting it!!

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic