FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Struggling with alts engaging enemy

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Quotius

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:00 pm

Struggling with alts engaging enemy

I don't really know where to start with this, I've been playing around with ISBoxer and SWTOR since yesterday evening and still haven't got much joy.
If i use the wizard nothing seems to broadcast to my other windows, even getting all the windows to select a target.

I've also tried borrowing MOSGs setup from over on dual-boxing.com and had more success at least getting things to target and follow.. only they absolutely hate assisting.

Is there anything specific which I'm likely to miss in terms of getting all the characters to assist each other?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:10 pm

Re: Struggling with alts engaging enemy

You likely missed the video that I posted yesterday that demonstrates setting up follow and assist for SWTOR: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPc9pBj-47k
<<

Quotius

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:41 pm

Thanks Lax - watch a few of your vids, but missed that one. I'll give it a run through and letcha know if I have any issues!
<<

Quotius

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:20 pm

Okay - so I followed the video to the letter, but it's not broadcasting the target buttons, or well.. anything unless I have broadcast switched on. But yours is doing it without broadcasting on.. any ideas?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:52 pm

Okay. When you say "it's not broadcasting the target buttons unless I have broadcast switched on", what are you pressing and expecting to happen?

Mine is doing it with Key Maps on, and Broadcasting Mode off, which is how you are supposed to have it as well. If yours is not working exactly as in the video, then previous changes you made to your already existing Key Maps (when following the other guides etc) might be preventing it from working correctly for you, and you might just want to go to File and select Clear and try again.
<<

Quotius

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:07 pm

I reset to default (keybindings) and cleared the (isboxer) profiles.

I have the same thing, mapped keys on and broadcast off. Using a logitec g110 so far the only way I've managed to get anything going is using a macro to quickly enable broadcast, command and disable broadcast.

What can't I do? Well I guess we could start with the fact it wont send the target commands (F2 to F5) or F7 or F8 as your guide does.. to any window and it wont send the assist either.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:30 pm

Well I guess we could start with the fact it wont send the target commands (F2 to F5) or F7 or F8 as your guide does.. to any window and it wont send the assist either

You said this the first time, which is why I asked what buttons you are pressing (which should be none of F2, F3, F4, F5, F7, or F8), so I can follow along with what you're doing and what that is supposed to do. For example, if your answer is that "I'm pressing 1 and it's not sending assist" then my answer would simply be "it's not supposed to" and then we go from there. As it stands I don't know what you're pressing, you're just telling me what we both know ISBoxer can do when working correctly.

Other than that, show me your ISBoxer configuration. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing
<<

Quotius

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:03 pm

I appreciate your help I really do :)

okay so essentially I hit F3 which is mapped per character to select the group member 1 - then I hit F8 to follow, at the combat stage, F7 and then either click or press 1 > 5

I think I must be misunderstanding something - how does everyone follow their target unless I hit the target button.. i.e. F3?

http://privatepaste.com/31be749143

Could be because I'm used to multi box WoW with Keyclone and Jamba, I'm maybe expect ISBoxer to work in a similar way?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:23 pm

Okay, see, now we know the problem is just a misunderstanding. As I went over in the video, during the wizard on the last page there is the Hotkeys page, and on it there is a Follow Me Hotkey Alt+F, and an Assist Me Hotkey Alt+A. Press these buttons instead of F2 F3 F4 F5 F7 F8 :)

1 through = do not auto-assist for SWTOR but do broadcast.

You can add more broadcasting Hotkeys using the Mapped Key Wizard from the Wizards menu. Put them in Combat or Non-combat (not Always On) and select "Straight Key Broadcast" if you want to send the same keys you press, or "Key Re-Map" if you want to send a different key than the one you press.
<<

Quotius

Post Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:50 am

Thanks again Lax - the problem in the end turned out to be that I hadn't set the alt-f and alt-a key maps to select a target in the config. So it was doing nothing.
Assist me step 1 was doing zip I had to set it to target slot 2 > all other (Windows: All w/o Current)

Once I'd mapped some dps keys everything else clicked in to place.
Next

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic