FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

on rare occansions you can summon all companions

Moderator: MiRai

<<

jwolfley

Post Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:23 pm

on rare occansions you can summon all companions

this may get jerked but ill try.

mb with a three character group, i find, on rare occasions, i am able to have all 3 chars summon a companion, for a party of 6. and i am able to keep this killer group until logged off, or wiped.

i have tried to catch what triggers the change (normally you have 2 blocked, so the party is limited to 4). but it appears random, and occurs in the middle of play. so my ? is if anyone else has had this experience and can offer some insight (hint, hint).

mtfbwy.
<<

sadge

Post Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:39 pm

Re: on rare occansions you can summon all companions

It's just a bug.

Happens with groups of 4 too. Although one time, 2 of 4 were able to pull companions out (for a group of 6) but if the 1st account pulled his out no one else could (for a group of 5).
<<

Ridosaw

ISBoxer Support Team

Post Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:46 am

Re: on rare occansions you can summon all companions

This bug has been in SWTOR since Beta. It is not a random bug. Whenever a group of player characters is formed, SWTOR's game server, checks to see how many players are in the group. If 3 players are in a group, SWTOR allows one of the players to have his companion out, equaling 4. If two players are in a group, SWTOR allows both players to have their companions out equaling 4 again. In SWTOR a full group consists of 4 characters (Players or Companions) but 4 is max.

Because of this bug, you have the ability to have up to 4 players, and 4 companions out at the same time. Being that we are multiboxers is why we notice this bug in game, where single players don't notice this bug. Reason is, It is not often a group comprised of 2-4 individual people all log out and then log back in again at the same time. This is how this bug happens and it happens 100% of the time. Because we log multiple player characters in and out quite often, we get a front row seat to seeing this bug happen. Logging the characters of a group out and then quickly logging them back in, is how this bug happens.

Here's why:

Whenever a players character in game loads in to a new map (I.E. A planet, flashpoint, operation, Fleet) in SWTOR, The game server runs a check to see if that player character is in a group. If the game server determines it is, it will only allow a maximum of 4 characters in the group, and will pack up any companions to assure only 4 characters remain in the group. So.... Lets say 4 players in a group travel to the planet of Corellia map. As each player arrives by loading in and appearing on that map, each of the players game clients checks the group quantity with the server and packs up any companions as needed to maintain only 4 characters in the group. Now... If all 4 player characters, all log out, while grouped on the map of Corellia at the same time, and then log right back in and reform the group. They will now all be able to summon their companions, and have 8 characters in their group. If you log out while grouped, the group gets disbands. When you log back in right away, the game server does not have time to update that the group has been disbanded due to log out. The server still thinks you are grouped and does not run a group quantity check. So now when you reform the group you just bypassed this check. Everyone in the group can now summon their companions. This log out and log in bug, only Happens on the map that you do it on. As soon as the group travels to a new map, the server then checks your group quantity and will pack up any companions. This bug does not happen in flashpoints or operations. It does happen in group heroic areas. Reason is: Operations and flashpoints are their own map. Heroics are part of the planetary map that you happen to be on. So you are not changing maps when you enter a heroic area.

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic