FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Trying to get InnerSpace to launch SWTOR again

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Prepared

Post Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:32 am

Trying to get InnerSpace to launch SWTOR again

After about a year of not playing swtor, I'm trying to get this working again. I'm trying to use 4 computers with full screen windowed mode. I've tried several different things using just windowed mode and with full screen windowed mode. One of the computers with Windows 7 64-bit launches the game and after login will be fine. The other three computers which are running Windows 8.1 64-bit will launch the game but after entering the password, it will close the game. I don't see any error messages. I've also tried recreating the character set using the ISBoxer Quick Setup wizard. The game launches fine without InnerSpace. When initially launched with InnerSpace, the game patched again on all of the computers. The InnerSpace SWTOR profile setting on the Windows 7 machine had some how been set to FixLauncher.exe but I'm not sure if that was because of an old configuration or not.

I had this working about a year ago when I was playing SWTOR and got my team to level 25. I confirmed the setting in the launcher-Prepared-SWTOR.settings file has:

, "bitraider_disable": true

Any help would be appreciated. Myself and another multiboxer are trying to get this working again but are having trouble getting the game to launch. I've confirmed the patch in InnerSpace matches the path of the Launcher.exe in D:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic
and as I stated, the launcher does start just doesn't bring up the game window character selection screen after entering the password. Windows Task Manager shows the Star Wars launcher starting but then ends without ever showing the Star Wars client 32-bit running. Without InnerSpace, the Star Wars launcher is seen in the Task Manager but when it ends after entering the password, the Star Wars client 32-bit shows in the Task Manager.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:54 am

Re: Trying to get InnerSpace to launch SWTOR again

Get me "Diagnostics for game crashes" from ISBoxer's Help menu. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics

Most likely, there are Windows Compatibility settings applied to the game and that is causing the game to crash (instantly, with no message) when launched through Inner Space.

You can probably...
1. Open regedit.exe (Windows+R to open Run window if needed)
2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers
3. Remove any entry for SWTOR
<<

Prepared

Post Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:20 pm

I did not see anything related to swtor in the registry in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

I have pasted the requested info at http://privatepaste.com/e70761557f
<<

Prepared

Post Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:48 pm

Is there anyone else running SWTOR on Windows 8.1 and able to launch correctly with InnerSpace?

EDIT: I copied my SWTOR configuration to another machine with Windows 7 and am able to launch with the same configuration I was trying on Windows 8.1. So it appears that there is some difference with InnerSpace not able to launch SWTOR with Windows 8.1
<<

Prepared

Post Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:07 am

I finally found out what the issue was. Sorry for replying to an old post but instead of writing up a new post, I thought I'd post here what it turned out to be.

With Windows 10, the same issue was seen as I was having with Windows 8.1 in that the game would exit without any error.

I had been using the 32-bit version of InnerSpace and the moment I exited and launched the 64-bit version of InnerSpace, the game launched fine. I'm back in business with SWTOR.

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic