FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

SWTOR - won't open with IS

Moderator: MiRai

<<

hephaestus

Post Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:05 pm

SWTOR - won't open with IS

I have the correct launcher.exe file mapped to my Inner Space add game profile, but when I launch the default through Inner Space, I can log in, but then the step where you press play never leaves the stage of "Initializing"... It just stays stuck there for however long I leave it up. If I paste in the exact executable into a program path on my computer and press open outside of the Inner Space process, the game allows me to log in and runs just fine. Is there something simple that I am missing (I am not even trying to run two instances of the game at this point...)? I checked out the setup information and followed the troubleshooting and instructions, with no luck (I have also removed the game from IS and tried adding it again only to have the same result). Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:11 am

Re: SWTOR - won't open with IS

hephaestus wrote:when I launch the default through Inner Space, I can log in, but then the step where you press play never leaves the stage of "Initializing"

When you "launch the default"? If you're launching more than one instance that way, it's not going to work. You would need to launch your ISBoxer team instead ...
<<

sadge

Post Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:03 am

I think you're having a problem with bitraider. There's been posts here about it before. I find it easiest to open the Launcher.settings file in your Star Wars - The Old Republic folder. Edit the following line as follows:

Code:
"bitraider_disable": true

Save and relaunch swtor from innerspace. You'll end up downloading about 1.6 GB of movie files, but after you'll be able to launch normally.

Good luck and hope that works!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:34 am

sadge wrote:I think you're having a problem with bitraider. There's been posts here about it before. I find it easiest to open the Launcher.settings file in your Star Wars - The Old Republic folder. Edit the following line as follows:

Code:
"bitraider_disable": true

Save and relaunch swtor from innerspace. You'll end up downloading about 1.6 GB of movie files, but after you'll be able to launch normally.

Good luck and hope that works!

You should not need to manually edit this file. ISBoxer should be doing it for you automatically unless you're not selecting SWTOR on the first page of the Quick Setup Wizard
<<

sadge

Post Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:40 pm

lax wrote:You should not need to manually edit this file. ISBoxer should be doing it for you automatically unless you're not selecting SWTOR on the first page of the Quick Setup Wizard

Huh. Maybe because I've never used the quick setup wizard I've always had to do this. /shrug
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:08 pm

sadge wrote:
lax wrote:You should not need to manually edit this file. ISBoxer should be doing it for you automatically unless you're not selecting SWTOR on the first page of the Quick Setup Wizard

Huh. Maybe because I've never used the quick setup wizard I've always had to do this. /shrug

Yeah, most likely if you havent used the Quick Setup Wizard, you probably don't have the default Virtual File which virtualizes the launcher settings file and disables bitraider...
<<

hephaestus

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:32 am

Something strange had happened with the reload of the full game client w/o Bitraider. I went into the game settings file and turned off Bitraider (I think set it Bitraider off to True) and everything is working perfectly. I think I had interrupted the first full download so it had gotten stuck between the two. If I had not have stopped the initial download of the full game client I think it would have worked fine. Thank you for all the suggestions, up and working great now.

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic