FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Any players still playin TOR multiboxer?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

WARwaaagh

Post Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:18 am

Any players still playin TOR multiboxer?

Greetings!

Thanks remind me renewed ISBoxer! I'm back :D Over few months on other MMO, some gears forgot how to make targeting work. Hook back TOR and tried to make it work but unlucky. Dual still perfect, 4 are good, but 3's pain at neck. Don't know which part(s) missing. Got some friends before and long gone, no one can help. Does any TOR multiboxer still playin TOR?

Funny things are, I used 4mans profile on 3mans (login 3 accounts only) is workin fine. But new 3mans didn't work property. Some targeting and following didn't connect 3 instances.
My Variable Keystrokes still used my best friend's setup, they are easy remember and perfect. I made some new keybinds ingame with Ctrl+ & shift+. I think probably the modify keys cause problem, but I'm not quit sure. Here are the ingame keybindings(Vaiable Keystrokes too):
3mans - Jed:
Target Self - Ctrl+F8 (ingame default: F1)
Target Slot 2 - Ctrl+F9 (ingame default: F2)
Target Slot 3 - Ctrl+F10 (ingame degault: F3)
Follow Target - Insert
Assist Target - Delete (ingame default: Acquire Target's Target)
Strafe Left - Shift + Q (ingame default: Q)
Strafe Right - Shift + E (ingame default: E)
In game, Instance slot 1 and 3 can't use following, only slot 2 can.

I had Razer Naga 2014 mice and changed 12 buttons to Num 1 - =; setup couple handy hotkeys on it. As you can see I made 3man control(Shift+1 - shift+=) for 3 instances, they work fine. I build a new rig for TOR Multiboxer, all fine. Intel i7-4770k, Asus M4F, 32G memory, gtx780ti (was gtx590), 29"+ 24" LED screen.

Any players here can help or advices, much appreciate!
Attachments
3man jedi test.xml
I can't paste profile up to http://www.privatepaste.com for unknown reason.
(182.24 KiB) Downloaded 625 times
<<

WARwaaagh

Post Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:27 pm

Re: Any players still playin TOR multiboxer?

WARwaaagh wrote:Greetings!

Thanks remind me renewed ISBoxer! I'm back :D Over few months on other MMO, some gears forgot how to make targeting work. Hook back TOR and tried to make it work but unlucky. Dual still perfect, 4 are good, but 3's pain at neck. Don't know which part(s) missing. Got some friends before and long gone, no one can help. Does any TOR multiboxer still playin TOR?

Funny things are, I used 4mans profile on 3mans (login 3 accounts only) is workin fine. But new 3mans didn't work property. Some targeting and following didn't connect 3 instances.
My Variable Keystrokes still used my best friend's setup, they are easy remember and perfect. I made some new keybinds ingame with Ctrl+ & shift+. I think probably the modify keys cause problem, but I'm not quit sure. Here are the ingame keybindings(Vaiable Keystrokes too):
3mans - Jed:
Target Self - Ctrl+F8 (ingame default: F1)
Target Slot 2 - Ctrl+F9 (ingame default: F2)
Target Slot 3 - Ctrl+F10 (ingame degault: F3)
Follow Target - Insert
Assist Target - Delete (ingame default: Acquire Target's Target)
Strafe Left - Shift + Q (ingame default: Q)
Strafe Right - Shift + E (ingame default: E)
In game, Instance slot 1 and 3 can't use following, only slot 2 can.

I had Razer Naga 2014 mice and changed 12 buttons to Num 1 - =; setup couple handy hotkeys on it. As you can see I made 3man control(Shift+1 - shift+=) for 3 instances, they work fine. I build a new rig for TOR Multiboxer, all fine. Intel i7-4770k, Asus M4F, 32G memory, gtx780ti (was gtx590), 29"+ 24" LED screen.

Any players here can help or advices, much appreciate!

Look like this forum not one help :oops: Nvm, problem solved. I figured out. Working now :D

PS: 3 mans boxer working fine. Just curious, I didn't see any auto-attack at Abilities, is ISBoxer have the similar setup :D ?
<<

sadge

Post Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:23 pm

Not really .... SWTOR doesn't have an "auto-attack" like other MMOs. They use Hotbar 1, Slot 1 (Default:1) hard bound to your right mouse click. Usually you'll keep your standard (Lvl 1) attack there.

Sadly since there doesn't seem to be a lot of action on this board, I don't check here as frequently. Was your problem due to the "order" that SWTOR puts your characters in? I hate when I put a new group together and Slot 1 is actually the 3rd character and so forth...
<<

WARwaaagh

Post Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:40 am

sadge wrote:Not really .... SWTOR doesn't have an "auto-attack" like other MMOs. They use Hotbar 1, Slot 1 (Default:1) hard bound to your right mouse click. Usually you'll keep your standard (Lvl 1) attack there.

Sadly since there doesn't seem to be a lot of action on this board, I don't check here as frequently. Was your problem due to the "order" that SWTOR puts your characters in? I hate when I put a new group together and Slot 1 is actually the 3rd character and so forth...

Well, my problem not hard, some of you will think I'm so dump. But truly I had tried many times at last few months, still the same problem. But finally I did it, and very good, I love it.
I will repost other new thread and share my 3man Jedi profile to other newbie wonna try TOR.

Cya :D
<<

Shigs

Post Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:41 pm

SWTOR is, to be blunt, awkward to configure for multi-boxing compared to WOW, Rift or EVE. The main things to keep in mind, is hold all key presses needs to be on for basically every mapped key, per slot targeting needs to be a separate step from any other key press, and follow breaks upon any action being taken by a character.
<<

WARwaaagh

Post Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:42 am

Shigs wrote:SWTOR is, to be blunt, awkward to configure for multi-boxing compared to WOW, Rift or EVE. The main things to keep in mind, is hold all key presses needs to be on for basically every mapped key, per slot targeting needs to be a separate step from any other key press, and follow breaks upon any action being taken by a character.

Thanks bro! I'd figure out all of those before you reply. I'm just too excited and can't stop playing. This thread now is closed. Thanks so much your info. Cheers!
<<

nexxusofa178

Post Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:32 pm

Sorry just had to see what it felt like to do the impossible and post on a closed thread. (feels pretty awesome in case you were wondering)
<<

WARwaaagh

Post Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:45 am

LoL, I none even know how to close the thread and lock it, probably only Forum administrator can do it. This thread was posted while I got too many unclear, I'd tried to figure out how to make it work. But after few times reviewed and searched, the key was UUID, then all things became loud and clear :D

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic