FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Key mapping problem

Moderator: MiRai

<<

N0va

Post Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:19 am

Key mapping problem

Hey guys, I have a little problem with keymapping

I am currently trying to get my maps to where WSAD+QE will broadcast and sync to two instances.

For some reason the only method that works is when using the arrow keys, I even went in and made sure that the maps were WSAD.

Anyone have a solution?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:26 am

Re: Key mapping problem

If you're looking to broadcast those keys across all instances, then you can use the Mapped Key Wizard to make it happen, but if you're setting up those those keys in an attempt to move your characters "at the same time" during normal gameplay, then you're going to learn quickly why nobody uses WASD to move their team of characters in a 3D world. :)
<<

N0va

Post Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:31 am

MiRai wrote:If you're looking to broadcast those keys across all instances, then you can use the Mapped Key Wizard to make it happen, but if you're setting up those those keys in an attempt to move your characters "at the same time" during normal gameplay, then you're going to learn quickly why nobody uses WASD to move their team of characters in a 3D world. :)

I found a way to do it effectively via using the arrow keys, it's just since I am trying to optimize my pvp play with two characters; trying to get them in perfect sync if possible.

Also, thanks for the assist, does things perfectly now.
<<

N0va

Post Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:08 pm

Though, if you have a more efficient method over constantly having to get your minions to follow you even during a fight, I would very much appreciate it.

I have to hit my keymaps several times during a fight with my two melee characters, since the other one just stands still after the first mob I have to get it to come to me with a follow.

Quite tedious really.

I could see how ranged characters would be easier.

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic