FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Smart Camera does not function on auto-follow?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Maeledict

Post Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:26 pm

Smart Camera does not function on auto-follow?

I recently started playing SWTOR again, and have pretty much everything working except the camera. The camera will not remain positioned behind characters on auto-follow. Can anyone confirm that this is a problem in SWTOR, or is there a workaround for this? Maybe an undocumented command to snap the camera behind the character? I have the Smart Camera option enabled in Preferences under Controls/Camera, FWIW.

I saw this post: http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2129

However, I'm not certain we're talking the same issue, since all my characters are always "in the centre of the screen" (I'm not sure how they would ever NOT be in the center...). The camera just doesn't stay behind them when they turn.

Thank you in advance for any responses.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:55 pm

Re: Smart Camera does not function on auto-follow?

Maeledict wrote:I recently started playing SWTOR again, and have pretty much everything working except the camera. The camera will not remain positioned behind characters on auto-follow. Can anyone confirm that this is a problem in SWTOR, or is there a workaround for this?

I don't play SWTOR, but from what understand, it is definitely a problem with the way the game works. I've not heard of a workaround that is 100%.
<<

Maeledict

Post Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:57 pm

I've not heard of a workaround at all, so anything would be appreciated!
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:18 pm

Some people point the camera straight down on their slaves, or just run their team into the battle and drop the AoE right at their feet.
<<

Maeledict

Post Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:46 am

I hadn't thought of simply pointing the camera down. I'll give it a try, thanks!

Well, I tried the straight down view, and I can't say I care for it. Besides, when you travel, zone, etc., it resets the camera, so I have to frequently move it overhead anyway. Thanks for the suggestion though!

I hope someone does come across a viable workaround. It would make boxing SWTOR much less annoying, IMHO. Not that this one inconvenience is necessarily a deal breaker.
<<

Merkwurdigliebe

Post Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:09 pm

Yes, I was about to post about this. Only example I can think of is Dark Age of Camelot where you could hit a key to reset you camera location (and you could set the default camera location). Something like this in SWTOR would be a godsend when you want to broadcast a ground-targetted attack.

I'm wondering if going into first-person view may help as a work-around.

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic