FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Silent Launcher Crash

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Fluxsource

Post Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:52 pm

Silent Launcher Crash

Following the guide here I've tried to setup SWTOR. However, when launching directly from InnerSpace, the SWTOR Launcher process appears in the Task Manager before vanishing, with nothing displayed on screen. The launcher log contains nothing from that launch.

The IS console simply says:
Successfully executed '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\launcher.exe"'.

This has been tried with the 1.11 Build 5899 and the 1.12 dev version. Also tried using "Elevated" or "-nobitraider" as suggested by other threads on this forum, and every combination of all of these I can think of, all to no avail.

Any ideas?

Crash Diagnostic is here
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:47 pm

Re: Silent Launcher Crash

1. Open up regedit.exe
2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers
3. Delete the entry for C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\launcher.exe: ~ RUNASADMIN WIN7RTM
4. Launch your team

(Specifically, the Windows 7 compatibility mode is causing the problem.)

Enjoy :)
<<

Fluxsource

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:51 pm

Re: Silent Launcher Crash

Brilliant thanks! Knew it would be something simple like that. My Windows skills are obviously a bit rusty.

Have to say lax, you provide the best customer service I've seen anywhere online. It's really appreciated.

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic