FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Character formation in quick set up wizard

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Anklbitr

Post Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:40 pm

Character formation in quick set up wizard

I basically use the quick setup wizard and Im having troubles getting the slave characters to target the lead. One will target the lead and and another will target and follow another slave, and, if I switch windows one of the slaves wont target or follow any of the group. Could someone post an image of the proper formation of a three or four man group as it would show in the quick wizard ? Thanks

One thing I noticed when switching characters is the Leader of the 3 man party never takes the first slot when changing windows. When he's lead he's in the #4 slot. when the others take lead, he takes the #2 slot. Is this a game thing or boxer bug ?
<<

hobothe1st

Post Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:00 pm

Re: Character formation in quick set up wizard

It's a game thing.

I think what you're interpreting as the 4th slot is actually the 1st slot. The 1st slot will always be occupied by the character you loaded into that particular window (i.e., your current lead). The remaining slots are ordered according to a unique ID that is assigned to each character when it is created. So, with the exception of your lead, your characters are being ordered by when they were created--and this order is fixed. Fortunately, you can avoid the hassle of a constantly changing party order by switching to Operations Frames; these will display your characters in the same order across all of your windows. There's an option to use Operations Frames in place of the standard Party Frames somewhere under the Preferences menu (in SWTOR).

As for your targeting issues, it sounds like you haven't set up Variable Keystrokes for each of your characters to account for the fact that each of them is going to be pressing different keys to target the other members in your party. Because of the whole 'changing party order' thing, the characters the game assigns to each slot aren't going to be the same in each window. There's a simple guide on the wiki that explains how to deal with this kind of situation.

Hopefully, a brief read through that page answers some of your questions.

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic