FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Can anyone share a working DPS button Config?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

brusim

Post Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:54 pm

Can anyone share a working DPS button Config?

I've been reading and wracking my brains to try to find a functional config for the DPS keys, with correct target selection and attack but everything I've tried so far hasn't worked properly, i.e. either the target the target doesn't work, or the focus target, or the target focus target ...

Any guidance would be appreciated.

How easy this all is with WOW ... :(

Thanks.
<<

Merkwurdigliebe

Post Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:05 pm

Re: Can anyone share a working DPS button Config?

Have you figured this out yet? Not quite sure where your problem is (or what exactly you want to do), but I'll give you an idea of how mine are set up.

My setup is simple, I press 1 and it transmits that keystroke to all four characters. I do this via "Mapped Keys" and there is only one step. There are four actions in this one step and they are all "1 -> Charactername" or the character's slot.

Does this help? Sometimes the issues are some deeper setup. SWTOR is beyond frustrating because the location of a character in the group slot goes from bottom to top, the order cannot be changed, the order is based on the unique character ID number generated upon creation, and your character does not show up on the group list.
<<

brusim

Post Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:58 am

I have found a way, yes, but it's not exactly what I was looking for.

It's not just about repeating a key, you need to target your main character's target before you activate the ability. Also for melee followers it would be ideal to not only target the same target but follow the main character to be in range for the ability to work.

I couldn't get the function "target the target's target" to work so I'm using "assist focus" instead, before the actual ability. This means that I have to manually set the focus to the main character to all followers. And the follow part I just do manually as well while in combat, which is a pain.

I wanted to know if anyone else had a more 'elegant' and effective solution than mine. Something close that what we can do in WOW but knowing there's no 'interact with target' function in SWTOR.
<<

Merkwurdigliebe

Post Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:11 am

My system my not be the most elegant. I have a G15 keyboard so I use the G1 key to make my team follow the active window, and the G2 for them to target the active window's target. For melee, the slave accounts just follow my active window account into range and then assist the main.

But your ideas do intrigue me. I have yet to figure out a good way to use the "focus target" feature in swtor and multiboxing.
<<

Shigs

Post Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:37 pm

A bit of a necro, but here's what I have set up for myself.

I've set the following hot keys:
set focus target to "shift+alt+y"
aquire focus target's target "shift+alt+u"
follow target "shift+Alt+f"
party slot 1/2/3 "shift+alt=1/2/3" respectively

I also setup a character for each of the 8 advanced classes inclusive of the cross faction mirror

I have a set focus mapped key that is similar to:

Step1: target slot {slot} to all but current
Step2: send shift+alt+y to all but current

I've mapped set focus target in game for all characters to be shift+alt+y, and allows me to quickly reset my focused target to be my currently active window.

Due to most classes/advanced classes being based mostly on priority list dps rotations, my DPS rotation then sends my priority list spam followed by a acquire focus target's target action at the end of the same step similar to:

Step1:
0 to character
9 to character
8 to character
7 to character
6 to character
5 to character
4 to character
3 to character
2 to character
1 to character
shift+alt+u to others in action group DPS

smugglers/agents are similar to:

step1:
send f to character
step2:
0 to character
9 to character
8 to character
7 to character
6 to character
5 to character
4 to character
3 to character
2 to character
1 to character
shift+alt+u to others in action group DPS

I still haven't really sorted out melee characters but have had mixed results with adding a follow me action to others in melee group as a step after the dps spam, but it has had mixed results.
<<

brusim

Post Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:56 am

Many thanks for your feedback.

I've been using melee characters for a while now and so far haven't found any perfect solution from anyone, so have had no choice but to learn to live with it, every time the target moves out of range I have to use the follow command manually - although it's not very effective in a fight. :(
<<

Ericone

Post Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:33 am

brusim wrote:Many thanks for your feedback.
I've been using melee characters for a while now and so far haven't found any perfect solution from anyone, so have had no choice but to learn to live with it, every time the target moves out of range I have to use the follow command manually - although it's not very effective in a fight. :(

Is there a key bind in SWTOR to have a character follow a hostile? Or will they only follow friendlies?

In LotRO you could follow hostiles, but the character would stop at the absolute edge of melee range so that almost any of the animations would joggle it out of range and render them useless.
<<

brusim

Post Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:37 am

No. Nor an "interact with target" like WOW.
<<

Ericone

Post Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:10 am

brusim wrote:No. Nor an "interact with target" like WOW.

Drat. But thank you.

I wish the game was more multibox friendly, but I enjoy it anyway. I only play two characters at once so it isn't nearly as annoying as it would be with 4.
<<

Shigs

Post Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:52 pm

I got my melee team working much better now btw.

I've insituted a 2 step DPS macro, that utilizes the focus target modifier that looks like this:

Step1:
do DPS rotation in Virtual Combat Keymap -> all
shift+alt+s -> other DPS
Step2:
shift+alt+home -> other Melee
shift+alt+f -> other Melee

I've set shift+alt+home to be second my focused target modifier, and shift+alt+f to be my follow target keybind. My melee team still sometimes is just out of range for melee, but if I spin the mob so the mob is between us it works well.

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic