FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Can't Change Resolution of Windows

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Ericone

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:17 pm

Can't Change Resolution of Windows

I've only been using ISBoxer for 5 days, so apologies if I'm missing something obvious.
http://www.privatepaste.com/5a0cf60e59

I have one 1600 x 900 monitor and one 1280 x 960 monitor. I run two characters, one in each monitor. I don't swap. This was working fine until yesterday when the image in the 1600 x 900 monitor started looking squashed; everything short and fat.

When I run SWTOR without Inner Space, the graphics on the 1600 x 900 monitor look fine.

If it matters, when I run SWTOR through inner space, changing the resolution in SWTOR has no effect in either window. It is like the graphics resolution settings have been disabled.

The profile I play with is 2nd Try.

I've tried running the Window setup wizard several times. It works to change switching, but it isn't working to make the image in the 1600 x 900 monitor look correct.

Can you tell if I'm doing something wrong? Is there a fix I should try? I searched in the forum but no problem seemed to be quite this one.

Thanks in advance for any help, Eric
<<

highliner420

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:38 am

Re: Can't Change Resolution of Windows

Im not sure if this thread will help because its a different game, but the problems sound similar.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4597
<<

Ericone

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:07 am

Yeah, I found that post and I looked up the files for my two characters, but neither of them seems to be "broken." And there is nothing in either file about the display resolution.

It looks like some setting is forcing the 1600 x 900 monitor to display at 1280 x 960, but as best I understand what I'm doing, that is not the settings I exported to Inner Space.

Thanks for the pointer. Eric
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:03 am

Your description sounds exactly like what it should look like, according to your Window Layout.

If you're comfortable with losing Mouse Broadcasting (the cursor will no longer line up), then you can "fix the problem" by un-checking "Use Instant window swapping (synchronizes game resolutions)" in your Window Layout. In the top left pane, expand Window Layouts, then select yours. Then this is a check box in the bottom right pane. After exporting, you may need to re-launch the game windows for this change.
<<

Ericone

Post Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:45 pm

Thank you. This helped me make sense of what was going on. I ended up having to restart inner space and the game a few times, but I finally got the right characters on the right monitors at the right resolution.

If anyone else finds this thread with a similar problem, be sure you've got the right characters in the right monitors when you're doing the wizard, and be sure that you've got the game set to windowed. I had to do it in the game; inner space said it would do it but, at least for me, the change didn't take.

Also, watch the videos. They help.

Thanks again. Eric

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic