Launcher hangs on "initializing"

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Chemmli

Post Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:43 am

Launcher hangs on "initializing"

Hi,

been trying to set ISBoxer up with swtor with no luck :(
I can run the game just fine normally but when I launch the game though Inner Space, after I log in the launcher hangs on "initializing" and with no error of anykind

Heres a freeze http://privatepaste.com/088608fe80

Thanks,
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:42 am

Re: Launcher hangs on "initializing"

I'm 91.8524% sure that it's BitRaider. Either add the -nobitraider parameter to your game profile or completely disable it -- Both fixes listed here:

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4499
<<

Chemmli

Post Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:44 am

Ahh looks like that got it, downloading video

I did try adding -nobitraider in parameters first but I must of entered wrong (hard to see how tho) but I changed it in the swtor settings file this time and it worked fine thanks :)
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:42 pm

Chemmli wrote:I did try adding -nobitraider in parameters first but I must of entered wrong (hard to see how tho)

I'm not sure on this one since I don't play SWTOR. Someone who had used it before would need to comment on whether that's still working for them or not.

Glad you got it working with the other method, though. ;)
<<

toptek

Post Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:25 pm

mind if i ask how you installed the gmae i installed it from the disk and i have no launcher issue at all but if i try to install it from the stream i have al kinds of issue with it and Innerspace . this might be why i dont use the streamed part , it still seems installing from disk is still the best for me . below is from there site . if its helps any .

I. Streaming vs. Non-Streaming Patching

We introduced a new (streaming) patching technology to the Launcher and SWTOR client on July 30th 2013 that allows you to begin playing before the entire game has been downloaded. This new technology brings with it some new troubleshooting steps, so you need to first determine which patching technology you’re using.

You are using the original (non-streaming) technology, if:

You installed the game from physical media (DVDs)
You installed the game from an installer downloaded from http://www.swtor.com prior to July 30th 2013 and logged in at least once before that date.

You are using the new (streaming) technology, if:

You installed the game using an installer downloaded from http://www.swtor.com after July 30th 2013.

You can also determine what technology you are using by logging in and looking in the lower left corner of the Launcher screen. If you see “ST” you’re using streaming.

Note: The Public Test server does not use the new (streaming) technology; it always patches using the original technology.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:24 pm

ISBoxer 41.5.0906.1 includes a fix for the SWTOR launcher, to automatically disable its BitRaider patcher which is currently incompatible with ISBoxer.

To try it out, in ISBoxer go to the Help menu and select About ISBoxer. Then click the Download Update button that appears. After updating, do a fresh Export to Inner Space to apply the fix
<<

toptek

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:51 am

lax wrote:ISBoxer 41.5.0906.1 includes a fix for the SWTOR launcher, to automatically disable its BitRaider patcher which is currently incompatible with ISBoxer.

To try it out, in ISBoxer go to the Help menu and select About ISBoxer. Then click the Download Update button that appears. After updating, do a fresh Export to Inner Space to apply the fix

Hey , Lax if this helps any it works great with a side effect if its fresh install with the stream version of SW , once the BitRaider patcher is disabled, it wants to re download the whole game the slow way again. just a heads up , i think thats why i went with the disk install to start with not that inner was having issue . and it puts two install entry in the uninstall or change a program part of windows for the game .. but i know that how the it all works and not something you can really do to much about i know of . because when i disabled it after a full download up date of the stream it reinstalled again like it was a fresh digital install but with no streaming and no innerspace .. if any of this helps..

Cya
<<

lazygirl

Post Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:09 pm

For the record I just had this problem too. Updating to latest isboxer and setting the nobitraider parameter didn't work, but disabling in the swtor native settings (disablebitrraider = true per linked post) seemed to. Currently downloading the video files :-)

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic