FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Unable to retrieve patch data

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Collective

Post Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:12 pm

Unable to retrieve patch data

Upon starting Star Wars using Inner Space, the launcher.exe comes up, I enter my login and password, and wait.
2 minutes later, I get "Unable to retrieve patch data. Please check network connection. (208)"

I am using Win 8, and tried turning off Win firewall for both public and private, but same result.
Using the launcher by itself works fine, all patches are up-to-date, and the game plays fine.

When I first started playing the game 2 months ago, I didn't have this problem when I tried isBoxer one day. But I have not used isBoxer since then, until now.

I have not made any changes to my computer, so I am running out of ideas on things to try.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:32 am

Re: Unable to retrieve patch data

Try the development build of Inner Space. To do so, right click IS and select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space. This may or may not help depending on your networking hardware.

If it does not help, then get me "Diagnostics for game crashes" from ISBoxer's Help menu -- http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics. Make sure to get them from the launcher (not the game client itself) since the launcher is what you're currently having the issue with
<<

Collective

Post Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:59 pm

Re: Unable to retrieve patch data

Your diagnostic tool helped me trouble shoot this issue.
My Magabyte Motherboard came with a software program called Killer Networks that is suppose to improve my gaming performance. I uninstalled it, rebooted, and everything works great now.

Thanks for your help.

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic