FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

BitRaider in Swtor

Moderator: MiRai

<<

drantral

Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:25 am

BitRaider in Swtor

Hey guys,
Recently upgraded my system and felt my system was up to snuff to box some SWTOR. Well, after a full reinstall, thanks to the patch bug they were going through recently, noticed that the patcher was hanging on Initializing. Thought it was odd, did some checking, and found that Bitraider is now part of the launcher for SWTOR. I did some searches for it on the boards but only saw references to Marvel Heroes. So I hope it's safe to post about this here. Does anyone else have some insight into some command params, or a proper way to configure BR to play nice with IS? Any help will be awesome :)
<<

Aerandria

Post Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:18 am

Re: BitRaider in Swtor

Having the same problem. Game runs as normal when launched traditionally but hangs up on "Initializing" after logging on. Adding -nobitraider to parameters in Inner Space config didn't help :(

I just got SWTOR and was looking forward to multiboxing it, so far I can't even get it launched XD
<<

Norrin

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:47 am

Have you guys tried putting -nobitraider in your parameter settings.

This is done in your innerspace profile that your using.

I was having the same issue once I added that the problem went away.
<<

Aerandria

Post Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:46 am

Aerandria wrote:Adding -nobitraider to parameters in Inner Space config didn't help :(

Glad it worked for you though :)
<<

Norrin

Post Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:31 pm

Sorry I totally didn't see that you tried it adding the parameter already.

Not sure what else to try to be honest. Maybe Lax provide more.
<<

Norrin

Post Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:38 pm

You may want to try to follow the steps in the diagnostic: http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics.

Might help Lax track it down faster.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:21 pm

Aerandria wrote:
Aerandria wrote:Adding -nobitraider to parameters in Inner Space config didn't help :(

Glad it worked for you though :)

Are you 100% sure you're adding it correctly? That parameter has seemed to fix everyone's bitraider issues up to this point. Did you add a new game and forget to swap the game profile on your Characters in ISBoxer? Or did you manually edit your existing profile?

I know of one other person who took a different route and found a config file in either the SWTOR or BitRaider directory. Inside of the file was a setting that stated something like 'use bitraider'. He set that to false and then said that SWTOR proceeded to download an extra 15GB of 'stuff' (he said it looked like videos), but everything worked fine after that. /shrug
<<

Norrin

Post Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:12 pm

Not that I know the internal workings of the settings files, but if you look at the settings files for your characters (in your default SWTOR installation folder) there are setting for disabling bitraider.

"bitraider_disable": false
You could try setting this to true and see if it helps.

There is also a download complete flag thing:
"bitraider_download_complete": { }
looks like on my settings its an empty object.

There is also this gem:
"BitRaiderSourceOverride": ""
No idea what that is.
<<

Aerandria

Post Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:59 pm

MiRai wrote:Are you 100% sure you're adding it correctly? That parameter has seemed to fix everyone's bitraider issues up to this point. Did you add a new game and forget to swap the game profile on your Characters in ISBoxer? Or did you manually edit your existing profile?

I know of one other person who took a different route and found a config file in either the SWTOR or BitRaider directory. Inside of the file was a setting that stated something like 'use bitraider'. He set that to false and then said that SWTOR proceeded to download an extra 15GB of 'stuff' (he said it looked like videos), but everything worked fine after that. /shrug

Pretty certain I had the parameter added correctly, but I suppose there's always something I could have screwed up ;)

Norrin wrote:Not that I know the internal workings of the settings files, but if you look at the settings files for your characters (in your default SWTOR installation folder) there are setting for disabling bitraider.

"bitraider_disable": false
You could try setting this to true and see if it helps.

There is also a download complete flag thing:
"bitraider_download_complete": { }
looks like on my settings its an empty object.

There is also this gem:
"BitRaiderSourceOverride": ""
No idea what that is.

I turned "bitraider_disable": false to true. Currently downloading the massive video collection MiRai mentioned. Looks promising, thanks :D

Edit: Everything working! Now I just have to, you know, actually learn to multibox the game :S
<<

Norrin

Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:23 am

Aerandria that's awesome.
Feel free to hit me up for answers to your questions.
SWTOR can be fun to get setup and working.
Next

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic