FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

need help

Moderator: MiRai

<<

tommygunner70

Post Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:29 pm

need help

ok I've been using ISboxer for a while now for EVE but recently started to play SWTOR as well.

did the quick setup but I just cannot, for the life of me, get ISboxer to work with SWTOR.
the target thingy I setup in the wizard, doesn't make a while lot of sense to me. tried it as is, tried changing it, doesn't matter much it just doesn't work.
there are preset hotkeys for follow me and assist me but they don't work either...

doing attacks? well I haven't come to that yet. more concerned with getting this to work before tackling that. I cant find any decent or clear cut tutorials on how to set it up or use it. there is a 3 part 10 minute chunk series on youtube (listed as 'Step-by-Step ISBoxer Setup for SWTOR') of this one guy rambling on about his ISboxer setup which is all fine and dandy, except that its not a step by step tutorial like one would expect. he doesn't tell you what to do and where/how to do it.

given the fact that SWTOR isn't the fastest game to launch and log into. it makes the process very frustrating and I've tried everything I can try. Also there don't seem to be any clear cut tutorials on this that take you through it from start to finish.

can anyone please help me with this? I'm just trying to use 2 characters. I have 2 screens on this computer and have 1 character per screen.
<<

Norrin

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:37 pm

Re: need help

Hi Tommy

Getting two clients to follow is fairly straight forward once you understand the basics.

First is targeting.
Targeting only works while in a party so make sure your partied up. But I am betting you knew that already.

For a dual setup, the default targeting keys will always be:
F1 for target self and F2 to target other/slave.

*This only holds true if the party only contains your two players.

In ISBoxer under the Character Sets Area, select your team.
For your team select each character by slot and go to the Variable Keystroke tab.

If not there add Variable Keystrokes for 'Target Slot 1' and 'Target Slot 2'

For Slot 1 the keys should be:
Target Slot 1 is now F1
Target Slot 2 is now F2

For Slot 2 the keys should be:
Target Slot 1 is now F2
Target Slot 2 is now F1

That will get your targeting setup and will be used for both Follow and Assist.

Your follow Key Map should now work at this point.

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic