FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Game Inserts F2 in place of 0, -, = for 3 of 4 toons.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Whordie

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:02 am

Game Inserts F2 in place of 0, -, = for 3 of 4 toons.

Hello, I have been doing pretty well until I discovered that when Isboxer starts up my 4 Sorc I cannot assign key binding properly in the game. I have the 2nd and third quickbar to be shift 1thru shift =, and ctrl 1 thru ctrl =. This covers slots 1-12 on bars 2 and 3.
My problem is that when Isboxer starts, toon 2, toon 3 and toon 4 windows, the assignments for shift 0 through shift = and ctrl 0 through ctrl = are unbinded. When I try to manually assign them again I just get F2 in the place of these keys.
The first window, Toon 1, does not have this problem and I can assign them again for Toon 1 if I wanted. I tested this by shutting down and opening each Toon one by one and assigning these keys properly. Upon starting Isboxer up again the keys were unbinded again.
Here is my paste to privatepaste, Paste ID a33de6429c
Also, I love your product.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:05 pm

Re: Game Inserts F2 in place of 0, -, = for 3 of 4 toons.

You need to turn off your custom Hotkeys in order to do what you're doing.

You specifically have Shift+__ first doing "Assist Me". "Assist Me" is instructed to send F2 to windows 2 through 4, followed by F6 to "all other" windows (all but the one you're actually pressing a button in yourself). So when you open up the key bindings screen and you press Shift+0, that's whats happening. The current window just gets Shift+0, but the others are getting F2 first, from your ISBoxer Hotkey.

Typically before binding keys within the game you would want to press Shift+Alt+M to disable the relevant ISBoxer Hotkeys. (FAQ: I recently set a key binding in the game and now assist doesn't work?)

However, your separate Key Map ("Inquisitors") is not toggled by Shift+Alt+M unless you add it to the toggle. So what you want to do is add your Key Map to the "Activate Maps" toggle in "SWTOR-Always On", as detailed under FAQ: I added a new Key Map but the Key Maps toggle does not disable it?

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic