FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

have the two pc's conected BUT

Moderator: MiRai

<<

max2

Post Sat May 25, 2013 3:34 am

have the two pc's conected BUT

ok I have 2 Pc's contected but I cant get key strokes from my main to the second system.... I only need it to transfer 14 keys for PC1 to PC2 ... q,w,e,r,t ,a,s,d,f,z,x,c,v dont need any movement keys for the other toon is just on follow... but need him to attack.... any help?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat May 25, 2013 7:53 am

Re: have the two pc's conected BUT

If you launch your main PC team, and the second PC's team comes up automatically, then they are linked for broadcasting. Anything sent to "Window:All w/ Current" goes to all windows on both PCs.

At that point for "q,w,e,r,t ,a,s,d,f,z,x,c,v" to get sent, it's the same as playing on one PC. You can just use the Mapped Key Wizard, pick the Combat or Non-combat Key Map to put these in, and select "Straight Key Broadcasting". Then press those keys you want to set up for broadcasting, and click Finish. Then Export to Inner Space.
<<

max2

Post Sat May 25, 2013 12:02 pm

thanks for the reply.. I gave up lastnight... and went to bed LOL... but after I do the Combat or Non-combat Key Map and "Straight Key Broadcasting" do I attack it to the main char or to the Char Set? then send it to all connected pc's?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat May 25, 2013 12:17 pm

max2 wrote:do I attack it to the main char or to the Char Set?

Unless you deleted stuff after using the Quick Setup Wizard, the Key Maps should already be assigned to both Character Sets. Just configure the Mapped Keys, in either Combat or Non-combat.

then send it to all connected pc's?

Yes, send the keys to "Window:All w/ Current" if you want every window to press the key.
<<

max2

Post Sat May 25, 2013 3:04 pm

SWEET THANKS LAX. I got it working and sending keystrokes to the other pc.... another qustion..... this time when i started them both up the other pc (PC2) rez was all odd and I couldnt change it....

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic