FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ISBoxer update - start with a fresh config for SWToR?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

pox67

Post Tue May 07, 2013 5:53 pm

ISBoxer update - start with a fresh config for SWToR?

Last night I got a popup asking me to update ISBoxer.

It looked like a pretty weighty update with lots of changes.

Would/should I need to set up SWToR and all characters again?
Computer:
Intel 3930K (6 core, 12 hyperthreaded), Asus P9X79 LE, 16GB Ram
2 x Sapphire 7970 Dual-X Boost in Crossfire.
2 x 27" 2560x1440 monitors.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue May 07, 2013 6:01 pm

Re: ISBoxer update - start with a fresh config for SWToR?

Your current configuration should continue to operate fine, except for those people who previously configured Repeater Hotkeys under their Repeater Profile -- that option is removed.

Beyond that, starting with a fresh configuration in order to get the full benefits of ISBoxer 41 is an excellent idea. :) The final page of the Quick Setup Wizard has a Game Key Bindings tab with a table for you to fill in the per-Slot Targeting hotkeys for Assist and Follow, so that process should be streamlined now. (Where previously you had to go through the trouble of manually configuring Variable Keystrokes for each Slot on different pages, now you get a fancy little table.)

MiRai is preparing new videos and I'm working on new guides and documentation still of course, but if you've considered the Pro Configuration, that's also streamlined with the new wizard.
<<

pox67

Post Tue May 07, 2013 6:25 pm

Cool, I can keep playing until I get some time to re-configure it all.

Thanks Lax, looks like there is some great stuff in this update.

I haven't heard of this Pro Configuration though, what is it?
Computer:
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue May 07, 2013 6:34 pm

pox67 wrote:Cool, I can keep playing until I get some time to re-configure it all.

The Pro style involves setting up universal Hotkeys instead of per-ability Hotkeys, in such a way that you can use the universal Hotkeys for any combination of Characters you want to play instead of just a specific team.

For example in WoW I used to have one set of hotkeys for my Death Knights, and a different set of hotkeys for my Paladins, and it felt much different to actually play them, and was difficult to simply swap a different Character (of a different class, etc) into a team because it was designed specifically for that team. My Round-robins would expect a certain class in each window, etc.

With the Pro style, the idea is that no matter what combination of classes you throw in, you can pretty much play it the same way. A button for DPS, a button for round-robin interrupts, a button for round-robin stuns, a button for ground-targeted AOEs, etc.
<<

pox67

Post Tue May 07, 2013 6:48 pm

lax wrote:
pox67 wrote:Cool, I can keep playing until I get some time to re-configure it all.

The Pro style involves setting up universal Hotkeys instead of per-ability Hotkeys, in such a way that you can use the universal Hotkeys for any combination of Characters you want to play instead of just a specific team.

For example in WoW I used to have one set of hotkeys for my Death Knights, and a different set of hotkeys for my Paladins, and it felt much different to actually play them, and was difficult to simply swap a different Character (of a different class, etc) into a team because it was designed specifically for that team. My Round-robins would expect a certain class in each window, etc.

With the Pro style, the idea is that no matter what combination of classes you throw in, you can pretty much play it the same way. A button for DPS, a button for round-robin interrupts, a button for round-robin stuns, a button for ground-targeted AOEs, etc.

Sounds like I had done something similar:
Standard keys for DPS, AOE and Taunt/deaggro
Clickbars for healing , round robin stuns/interrupts, escape etc.

They were standardised to work across my two teams (basically just had to make sure the correct abilities were in their correct spot on the in game hotbars).

It will be great if this is streamlined into ISBoxer, I might switch over sooner in that case :)
Computer:
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue May 07, 2013 7:29 pm

http://isboxer.com/wiki/Pro_Configuration

Please note this is still being updated for ISBoxer 41, which does some of the work for you now.

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic