FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Question dealing with follow

Moderator: MiRai

<<

musifuger

Post Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:24 pm

Question dealing with follow

Hello good people.

I have only been playing around with multiboxing on swtor since free to play launched.

I am having a few issues and just curious if others are running into these also.

First off I will get one window that stops responding to commands. Often it will start to accept commands if I return another player nearby and hit follow.
Secondly the ingame follow for 1 or 2 of the 4 I play will stop following and basically freeze up just like in the first case ^.

I am currently only using variable slot and single follow.
I have tried the method of "jump follow select slot jump follow" but that started to have a few problems in 1.7.. and 2.0 fairly bad.

I remember this freezing thing happening once in a while before but recently (since 2.0) it seems its happening every 10 minutes or so.

Just looking for advice. I am thinking it could be a swtor thing but weird it only happens in 1 or 2 of my 4 windows.

Thanks guys.
<<

DoomBoom

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:49 pm

Re: Question dealing with follow

Pay close attention to "ranges" in-game. When i first started my Juggernaut/Sorcerer group I noticed that the Juggernauts force leap would take him to the target but remove him from follow range for the Sorcerors. So everytime he used that ability I would effectively break follow and have to "go back" for the rest of the team. This is also a limitation because of "range" limits on targeting. A character or NPC has to be within range for you to even be able to target him. So if you get too far away, they'll stop responding to follow, or any command that requires an assist but still being able to do things like cast a self buff.

In SWTOR if the framerates on your alts drops below 20FPS then you will NOT be getting all of your commands through to those slots. The game at that point is too choppy for all commands to go through.

Other than that, as long as you have your follow setup the way it should be you shouldn't be experiencing any problems whatsoever.

I've been multiboxing SWTOR for over a year and I havent been having any problems.

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic