FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

SWTOR Character Config tool

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ecgric

Post Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:28 pm

SWTOR Character Config tool

Looking for help using this tool. Its the SWTOR character configuration tool that's available over at Dual-Boxing.com . I'm trying to set up a profile for a 3 man team and I'm following the directions but its not updating the profile XML. I posted on that site asking for help there as well. Not sure anyone is still following it so I posted here as well. Lax I'm not sure if you're familiar with it or not but I was hoping maybe u had some suggestions on this. thanks in advance to any who respond.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:35 pm

Re: SWTOR Character Config tool

My suggestion is that you're already in the ISBoxer Beta Testers usergroup, you should just download ISBoxer 41 from the Beta forum and use the Quick Setup Wizard. There is a fairly simple table on the last page of the wizard (in the Game Key Bindings tab) to fill in :)
<<

ecgric

Post Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:21 pm

Ok Lax. I used ISBoxer version 41. Not sure if I should make a new post in here or what but here goes. I have it set up, follow and the basics work. But when I try to do dps the followers don't assist. They have the main as the target but won't attack what the main is attacking. I have assist set up in variable keystrokes. here is my config :
isb41_sage_3.txt
(118.78 KiB) Downloaded 639 times
Please take a look and let me know what i'm doing wrong. Thx so much

Edit: If it helps the followers acquire my mains target but when I try to attack the others in group say target is not the enemy. so they have my main targeted. They acquire my mains target . I can see the acquire targets target window populate with the enemy, but when I attack I get a pop up on the other windows saying " Target not the enemy" and they don't attack. Now if I change the assist command to acquire focus target and I set the focus target of each window then they attack.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:25 pm

All you're doing wrong is trying to build the assist into your DPS hotkeys as you're probably used to from WoW. It won't work like that in SWTOR because you need to first target a group member and then use the assist macro, requiring 2 separate Steps in ISBoxer. This is not going to work correctly inside your DPS buttons.
<<

ecgric

Post Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:57 am

Well I did as you said. I removed assist from the dps keys. The others in the group still just stand there. I target a enemy with the main. I hit my assist key. which has 2 steps. 1 to target me , then to assist. They don't do diddly though. So what I'm seeing here is my assist Me mapped key doesn't work. They don't target the slot and they don't assist. I checked my key binds and they are correct. Funny though my follow key works . It has the same first command to target slot. Why doesn't it work in the assist me key map then ? Ok so what I see is. The follow key was made in the quick set up wizard when I made my team. The assist was made by me afterwards. I made a copy of the follow key and just changed the follow variable key to assist target and now it works. I still don't understand why the key I made didn't work ? It had the same commands and such.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:30 am

It may depend on the Key Binding used in the game, and whether in order to interpret that Key Binding, it requires the Hold option on the Mapped Key. (This is different for different games.) I realize this would not in any way be obvious to you.

Here, your Follow key binding is Insert, whereas your Assist key binding is Alt+T. Alt, unfortunately, has special behavior that SWTOR requires the Hold option in order to interpret correctly. So, if you were to change that key binding in the game (or set an alternative key binding?) to be, say, Delete or something just to give a comparable keystroke to your Follow binding (could just as well be an F-key, etc)... and then adjust the Variable Keystroke in ISBoxer for "Assist Me" to match it, it should work correctly.

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic