FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

My configuration for 4 boxing sorcerers

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Prepared

Post Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:48 pm

My configuration for 4 boxing sorcerers

I'm posting this at the request of KrazyNate. Attached is my configuration for Star Wars the Old Republic boxing 4 accounts. I use the following in-game mappings for this configuration to work:

Alt F Set Focus Target
Ctrl F Acquire Focus Target's Target
[ Follow Target

There are other mappings but they are mostly the standard game mappings. A key part of this to work correctly are the Variable Keystrokes assigned to each of the slots in the SWTORXplorer character set. These work because each time the group is formed with invites, the group always stays in the same position for the function keys to select a character in the group. If your group is formed in a different order, you may need to change the Variable Keystroke for the correct slots to be targeted. I think it can change depending on your group order, but once set, your group is always formed in the same order unless you change their name or use a different character. I got the Variable Keystrokes from someone else on the Internet, don't remember where, but I had to change one of them because one of my characters would not select the right character to set focus for. Another key part of this is Alt 9 which sets focus. In game, Alt F sets focus, but my ISBoxer config has Alt 9 to target the appropriate slot that is active at the moment and then send Alt F to set focus. This must be done every time a zone change occurs such as entering an instance. If that is not set, the characters won't assist properly. I couldn't find any other way to do assist without setting focus and followed many other videos but they appear to be old prior to follow being fixed in the game. So after Alt 9 sets focus, the 9 and 4 keys are used to target the same enemy that the active window has targeted. This allows all characters to target and attack the same target as the active window.

I couldn't find a way to acquire focus target and follow in the same keystroke. No matter what I used it would stop before completing. I originally used the Manifesto posted on youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeFRR7NeMds but that is very strange in that the characters keep on jumping around when they follow each other. With my method, the characters just follow with [ and assist/attack with 9 or 4.
The keymap SWTOR Control allows turning off the mapping with Alt Pause and turning it back on with the Ins key.
Attachments
prepared swtor config save.xml
(127.71 KiB) Downloaded 687 times
<<

Aerandria

Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:34 pm

Re: My configuration for 4 boxing sorcerers

Would you (or anyone else) have any interest in doing a video tutorial of how to use this configuration?

I'm finding the follow/targeting difficult to understand/use ;(
<<

WARwaaagh

Post Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:06 am

Hey, thanks for info :D Have you try 4 individual toons before? not same characters i mean ;)
<<

WARwaaagh

Post Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:25 pm

WARwaaagh wrote:Hey, thanks for info :D Have you try 4 individual toons before? not same characters i mean ;)

Solved, done. Playing hard and funs :D viewtopic.php?f=38&t=5228
<<

nexxusofa178

Post Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:46 am

Cool - I can't wait to see Prepared multiboxing 48 characters running around the fleet!!!!!!!! I would reactivate my account for that! :)
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:50 am

nexxusofa178 wrote:Cool - I can't wait to see Prepared multiboxing 48 characters running around the fleet!!!!!!!! I would reactivate my account for that! :)

The thread was bumped/necro'd from almost a year ago.

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic