FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Stop sending keys to certain window

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Donkey

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:44 pm

Stop sending keys to certain window

So I don't know how to describe the issue so I will give you what I want to do.

Basically I am 4 boxing in SWTOR and I want to be able to include channeled DPS abilities in my "rotation". I had thought about doing this with a "leave action group" / "join action group with timer" but this doesn't seem to work for me very well.

Again the goal is to be able to "spam" a key and work through a dps rotation of sorts without interrupting channeled abilities.

Your help is appreciated.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:48 pm

Re: Stop sending keys to certain window

You want a Mapped Key with multiple Steps. In the Step that sends the keypress to do the channeled ability, check "Do not advance to the next step", and "... for at least xx seconds", and probably also "and only trigger once." Set xx to the duration of the channeled ability. The issue you may have with this is that if you trigger the Step while the GCD is refreshing, nothing will happen. You may also need to adjust the timing slightly depending on your key press speed.
<<

Donkey

Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:00 am

Hey Alge, I appreciate the response. I have a couple of questions behind that.

1. I have the master dps action keymap, and then I have the individual character keymap. If the master dps keymap is set to call the individual character keymap each time will it "start the process over each time" Or does ISboxer know that the individual character keymap is already in process so it won't start it again?
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:37 am

In general they know nothing about each other. Every time you press the Hotkey for your Master it will activate the individual character's Mapped Key. If that Mapped Key were a multi-step Mapped Key then each activation will move to the next step, unless you have "do not advance for xx seconds", in which case the individual character will get stuck on that step for at least that long. The next time the master sends the message to the character after that the step will be advanced. In most cases channeled abilities get reset if they repeatedly get activated, so the "only trigger once" setting is designed to avoid that.
<<

pox67

Post Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:55 am

Donkey, I think I came up with the same kind of thing.
I needed to remove one character from the DPS spam so they could heal.

The discussion is here:
http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4879 ... ive-boxing
Post 15 is where I post my solution.

Happy to answer any questions although mine was a two box set up rather than four.
Computer:
Intel 3930K (6 core, 12 hyperthreaded), Asus P9X79 LE, 16GB Ram
2 x Sapphire 7970 Dual-X Boost in Crossfire.
2 x 27" 2560x1440 monitors.

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic