FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

A question about SWTOR class make up (4 box)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Wanderlust

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:47 pm

A question about SWTOR class make up (4 box)

I wonder if anyone hasthe time to respond to a few questions i have about multiboxing SWTOR?

I've been multi-boxing LOTRO for a few years using IS and ISBoxer and also DDO for a little while (although with out /follow - its mostly just power leveling Alts : Piking at the door while my main clears) But anyways I am getting bored of the rings and want a new game to MB..

The vid link on the new ISboxer website (4box Hammer Station) inspired me to check out SWTOR - and even though I prefer games with a more of a sword and sorcery vibe to it - SWTOR and the story driven questing and the fantastic cinema and art is so well done that I have to play all the stories...

So far If played a Bounty Hunter, Sith and Jedi (of course) through the starter worlds and now that i've got the feel (some what) I want to start boxing...

Setting up the config and getting things to launch and teams working together should be no problem for me... there are some useful guides and I can pretty much figure things out on my own...

My question is more class related... I figure like any "holy Trinity" based games my 4 man team should be a Tank, a Healer and 2 DPS(ranged) - my question is based on your knowledge and experience which classes should I make to fill theses roles? - The roles seem to change as you go advance.

So if anyone could give me some pointers on group makeup - light side or dark side - must have crafts and generally anything that your experience has taught you - I would be very grateful...

WL
<<

Wanderlust

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:38 pm

Re: A question about SWTOR class make up (4 box)

After corresponding with boxer DoomBoom I decided to go with the 1 jugg & 3 sorcerors 4 man team... Thanks Doomboom - and thanks for reading .
<<

Donkey

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:48 pm

It definitely is MUCH MUCH easier when you only do 1 or two classes. Myself I like a little variety so I've been doing a team of basically each archetype. It's harder to figure out but it is rewarding in the fact that you basically get covered for all the stories at once.
<<

Wanderlust

Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:58 pm

Thanks for responding - yeah I was thinking that too (to do a mixed team: 4man of all the dark classesand 4 man of all the light classes and get the full story scope) - but since i'm new to the game and haven't quite got a lot of things figured out yet (even from the perspective of just being a single player) I thought i would keep it simple for the first go through - its kind of frustrating since I box LOTRO and know all the classes and the game very well and can box just about any instance (thats boxable) and some raids - to start over and be such a noob - but wha'cha gonna do?

I have my team launched and in the world so far - but things are different in this game and i haven't really got them working together yet - the targeting and "focus' thing is weird to me...

keep ya all posted
<<

DoomBoom

Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:17 pm

There are a couple of ISBOXER users multiboxing SWTOR on twitter. If you need someone to chat at about your setup, look me up over there.

This goes for anyone.

@Laytonjohnny
<<

IrishAstronut

Post Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:45 am

The easiest classes to dps with are assault speced vanguard troopers and any jedi knight class.

Sage is probably the best healer but ive found that the commando healer is easier to use because they have less abilities and an insta heal.

I think the best PVE group would be Vanguard Tank, Vanguard DPS, Commando DPS, and a Sage healer.

-Riiker
Dual-Boxing.com forum name: Riiker
<<

pox67

Post Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:04 am

IrishAstronut wrote:I think the best PVE group would be Vanguard Tank, Vanguard DPS, Commando DPS, and a Sage healer.

-Riiker

Riiker, I was just going to suggest Wanderlust take a look at your posts on dual-boxing.com as they proved very helpful when I was deciding on teams.
Computer:
Intel 3930K (6 core, 12 hyperthreaded), Asus P9X79 LE, 16GB Ram
2 x Sapphire 7970 Dual-X Boost in Crossfire.
2 x 27" 2560x1440 monitors.

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic