FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Channeled ability's interrupted

Moderator: MiRai

<<

almty1

Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:22 pm

Channeled ability's interrupted

I'm having issues with my channeled ability's getting interrupted. Specifically in my setup I'm channeling a sage ability with key map four under the combat key maps. When I press the Two key map it takes over even though the combat, non-combat, and always on key maps are turned off for 3 seconds.

Here is my configuration I'm using. http://www.privatepaste.com/cac0834e5c
<<

IrishAstronut

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:37 am

Re: Channeled ability's interrupted

I have a really good method for channeled abilities. I'll take a look at your setup and give you some specific recommendations.

While I'm looking, I would suggest that you create an action target group for all of your toons and then create an additional action target group for just your sage. When you use your channelled ability, do a action target group action to have your sage "leave" your main action target group for the required period of time.

Then change your follow and assist function targets from "all w/o current" to "others in (whatever you named your action target group)". This way you can continue to follow/assist your other toons and it won't affect your sage b/c he isn't in the action target group that is getting the command.

If this doesn't make sense then let me know and I'll post some screen shots.
Dual-Boxing.com forum name: Riiker
<<

almty1

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:11 pm

I'm going to try this setup later today. http://www.privatepaste.com/ae6a123a3d

I did not change the follow or assist key maps to use the action target groups. If I did it would cause issues with the variable slots when changing which character is the current head. If I used the other group it would make follow not work. I do not have follow in any of my combat hot keys so that should not be an issue. I do have assist in my combat hot keys though. I don't think changing targets during the case will be an issue but I will test that later.
<<

almty1

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:37 pm

Do I put the timer on the target action group off or the target action group back on action? I tried it out like the setup above and the two key seems to work but 4 takes over. I didnt have a lot of time to mess with it this afternoon. I'll toy with the settings more later. I'm just wondering if I'm not understanding the timer function.
<<

IrishAstronut

Post Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:23 pm

You put the leave ATG and rejoin ATG in the same step. Just put the timer on the rejoin action.
Dual-Boxing.com forum name: Riiker
<<

FuryOfNature

Post Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:10 am

IrishAstronut wrote:create an action target group for all of your toons and then create an additional action target group for just your sage. When you use your channelled ability, do a action target group action to have your sage "leave" your main action target group for the required period of time.

Then change your follow and assist function targets from "all w/o current" to "others in (whatever you named your action target group)". This way you can continue to follow/assist your other toons and it won't affect your sage b/c he isn't in the action target group that is getting the command.

IrishAstronut wrote:You put the leave ATG and rejoin ATG in the same step. Just put the timer on the rejoin action.

That's a neat approach with the timer that I hadn't thought of. Thanks for sharing it.
<<

almty1

Post Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:19 pm

I worked out all the wrinkles with the action target groups and it fixed my issues with channeling abilities. Thank you so much for your assistance with this I really appreciate it. The issue I had with follow and assist was I dint realize it created an all others selection. So once follow and assist were set up correctly this worked like a charm.

Again thank you!

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic