FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Target: Character Slot # vs. Target: Character

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Merkwurdigliebe

Post Tue May 27, 2014 6:32 am

Target: Character Slot # vs. Target: Character

I've gotten along pretty well multiboxing four characters, but I was curious about something. I currently have all my key maps set up to send the keystrokes to a character slot, and I have a different set of keymaps for each set of characters. So under the target it reads: "Character Slot: # ('Character Name')" rather than "Character: 'Character name'. My question is, will I run into issues if I join an operations group (with more than 4 people) and my four characters are scattered around in different slot numbers, or if I join a 4-man group with only 2 or 3 of my characters?

Will the keystrokes keep being sent to the right characters or is it possible it will try sending keystrokes to group slots where I another player is placed?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue May 27, 2014 8:21 am

Re: Target: Character Slot # vs. Target: Character

My question is, will I run into issues if I join an operations group (with more than 4 people) and my four characters are scattered around in different slot numbers, or if I join a 4-man group with only 2 or 3 of my characters?

Will the keystrokes keep being sent to the right characters or is it possible it will try sending keystrokes to group slots where I another player is placed?

The Slot number for the Target refers only to the Slots in your Character Set. So when it says Target: Character Slot 1, it will always go to Slot 1 by sending to that specific window, regardless of your in-game group or what Character is actually in that window.

The issue you will run into is with Follow or Assist, if you have ISBoxer set up to use the "Target Slot #" Variable Keystrokes for this. If you're in a party other than defined in ISBoxer, that will no longer match up (i.e. F4 will probably not target the right guy anymore), but the keystrokes you're sending to each window will still go to the right windows.
<<

Merkwurdigliebe

Post Tue May 27, 2014 1:45 pm

Re: Target: Character Slot # vs. Target: Character

Right, awesome, thanks. Good new/bad news then? Anyone ever experienced (and found a solution to) the issue of your slave account(s) following/assisting your main in an ops group or jumbled up 4-man group?

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic