FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Please help the helpless.....

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Helpless

Post Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:28 am

Please help the helpless.....

ok So... Please forgive me. I seem to be very logicaly challenged when it comes getting my ISBoxer to follow and combat at all. I have tryed to read the ways to configure the software, unfortunatly, its beyond my skill set. Is there any import function that anyone can help me with, or is there some files posted somewhere from some amazing person might be able to "bowwor" to get me going? I have 2 swtor accounts that I have up and running with ISBoxer. Now I would love to not have to switch screens in a fight or to target my other toon to follow it. Any help is appreciated....thanks.

Helpless in a great program.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:58 am

Re: Please help the helpless.....

It is not possible to import someone else's SWTOR configuration and have auto-follow and auto-assist. If it was, we would not have "complicated" instructions to describe how to set it up.

The problem is that the only way to GET these features in SWTOR is with the game's Party Targeting hotkeys, and Auto-Follow/Assist hotkeys. That means F1, F2, F3, F4, and whatever keys you might use for follow and assist in this game. F1, F2, F3 and F4 target different people in your party depending on a number of factors -- character names, which guy happens to be leading the party, which window you're looking at, etc. Some games it's based on an internal ID number for your characters (like the game has some unique number 324789324732842 for your specific character, and another one might be 324789324732843, and the game may sort the party list with these numbers that you may never know!), some games sort by the order you invite the characters to your team, and so on.

So there's really nothing universal that you can just paste directly into your configuration, this is highly specific to your team.

In order to configure this, there is exactly two places you should look.
1. Quick Start Guide 40, Part 4: Gameplay as a multiboxer
2. Common modifications: The game's Key Bindings

The first link tries to get you thinking about what the guy in each window needs to do in order to accomplish what you want. ISBoxer is just helping you play the game with functionality built into the game, after all, so what you would do without ISBoxer is what you need ISBoxer to help you do.

The second one specifically instructs you, step by step, on everything you need to do to get auto-follow and assist from any window. You will need both the "Per-Slot Targeting keys" and the "Follow and Assist hotkeys".

MiRai is working on a new video that demonstrates how to configure and use all of this. It's going to be awesome but it's not ready yet ;) If you don't get it by then, the video should pretty much clear it up for you.

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic