FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Little help with Target my target

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bbates024

Post Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:15 pm

Little help with Target my target

Ok so I got my follow set up pretty easy, but I'm having some issues getting targeting set up. When I target something on my main and hit the key to pick to assist sometimes nothing happens. My slave wont pick up the target and doesn't attack. I want to learn how to do this myself not just get a copied code that way I can be self sufficient going forward. Can anyone throw me a few key bindings or just a few examples of what they set up and how it works on their characters while boxing.

Thank you!
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:58 pm

Re: Little help with Target my target

There are a whole bunch of ways this could be broken. The relevant guides for setting this up are here, here and here as mentioned by Lax here.

I would strongly recommend using F11 and F12 as the in-game keybindings for assist and follow so that you do not have any issues caused by the presence of modifiers. See this thread.

Alternatively, you could link your current configuration and someone could take a look and tell you why it wasn't working.
<<

bbates024

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:57 am

Thanks Time to go back to the drawing board and figure out the best way to get it done.
<<

bbates024

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:18 pm

I guess maybe what I am looking for is a cleaner rotation Currently I am tabing over making the target my primary then hitting assist and having everything attack it. Anyone have a much cleaner rotation I can use for targeting and ensureing that when I want them to they are attacking the same thing.
<<

angers revenge

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:39 pm

You could add a "Do Mapped Key Action" to your DPS key and map your assist key to it. Create a new key map and have it, all in one step, target your main then assist your main. Although by doing this, your slaves will always assist your main and not allow them to target anything else. For me I have F1 for target party member 1 (my main) and F8 for my target target's target (a.k.a assist). So my Assist key map has 1 step with 2 actions. Action 1 is: press F1-> All Others (target party member 1). Action 2 is: F8-> All Others (target target's target). My DPS key has 1 step, 2 actions. Action 1 is: "Do Mapped Key Assist in SWTOR General -> All Other". SWTOR General is where I keep my Assist key map. Action 2 is: 4-> All Other (Press keyboard 4). By using the F1 and F8 you don't have to worry about presence of modifiers that Alge talked about. As stated though, by doing this your slaves will not be able to target mobs independently if needed. Hope this helps.
<<

Ebonshadow102

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:24 pm

I pretty much have the same setup as angers revenge for my assist but I've also added companion attack at the end as well, I've noticed that sometimes those companions aren't the brightest when it comes to attacking and they stand around for a few seconds wondering what to do :)

And and I've made sure NOT to use any modifiers for my keybinds, Ctrl, Shift, Alt will work as long as you dont want to send anything more than a single key combo to the client, so stringing combos together it's so much easier to just use the function keys.
<<

bbates024

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:00 pm

Thanks for the help. I'm going to try and map it that way later this week I have a feeling it will help a huge amount I noticed sometimes they are attacking different mobs and things the way I am doing this way I will be able to focus things down faster.

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic