FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

SWTOR Trouble with 'Re-Assist' during combat?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

jonlseagul12

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:18 pm

SWTOR Trouble with 'Re-Assist' during combat?

I have my SWTOR 'Assist Me' and 'Follow Me' Variable keystrokes and Key Maps working very well as long as I'm not in combat. Once I am in Combat the 'Assist Me' key doesn't work. Before the fight, I can target the main mob with my Main then hit the 'assist' key to get the Slave to target the mob. This works perfectly. Once the first mob dies, the Slave's target clears and doesn't aquire another target with the assist. I can hit the assist key fast or slow or multiple times and it doesn't aquire the Main's target during combat.

I had the Target and Assist keys in the Combat section and the Always On sections with no difference.
Any Ideas to make this more stable? I White Listed the 'Tab' Target nearest enemy and that seemed to help a little; at least he's hitting something, but tab targets are dangerous for ranged toons.
I'm having as much fun with ISBoxer as I am with the game itself - Great work Lax and co.
<<

tanker

Post Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:49 am

Re: SWTOR Trouble with 'Re-Assist' during combat?

Jonathan Livingston Seagull????? There's a name I haven't heard in a while. (Starts digging through Neil Diamond albums) :mrgreen:

Sorry I can't shed any light on your problem, but the "Always On" keymap shouldn't be used for general stuff. It doesn't get turned on/off with the 'Keymaps' and 'Repeater' click bar, so any keys that are in there will get munged when you probably don't want them to (typing passwords, chatting, etc)
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:40 am

jonlseagul12 wrote:I White Listed the 'Tab' Target nearest enemy and that seemed to help a little; at least he's hitting something, but tab targets are dangerous for ranged toons.

Where did you whitelist this? In your Repeater Profile? If so, that would indicate you have Repeater On during combat, and that would be the source of your issue. If you use Assist Me while Repeater is on each character will try to assist each other character and the result is ill-defined. See Understanding Key Maps vs Repeater.

Try it with Repeater Off. You will need to set up Mapped Keys for your ability keys. See Quickly add many broadcasting Hotkeys.

If the above is not the cause of your issue, please link your ISBoxer config.
<<

jonlseagul12

Post Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:28 pm

I did three things but nothing helped alot: Removed the White list back to the (Recommended none), Added a Mapped Key for my 'Target Nearest', (and mapped that key combination to my keyboard), then I sorted the Mapped Key groups so the 'Non-Combat' is at the bottom. The Non-Combat was above the Combat section so the Mapped Key Groups are now in the order Always-On, Combat, Non-Combat. Last, I removed all the duplicate Mapped keys so only one of the instances of each Mapped Key is in any section. All of the Mapped keys work perfectly as long as I'm not in combat... as soon as I'm in combat the Tab Target and Assist Me keys stop working. I'm beginning to think this may have more to do with SWTOR targeting than ISBoxer. I'm still workshopping that idea.
I have the Ingame Automatically Target Nearest Enemy turned on so if I wait long enough my slave toon gets hit by something and it's back in the fight but that takes a while sometimes. My next try will be playing with the Focus Target Swap to see if that is more stable in combat.... I'll keep poking - I created a link with my profile at ...
http://privatepaste.com/a04b9892de privatepaste.com :: Paste ID a04b9892de is my exported profile

Any thoughts are appreciated. My profile is very simple: Assist and follow with some buttons to help with the dialogs (that are still in flux.) That just made me think of the Buttons - Early on I had buttons for follow and Assist... I wonder if those are getting in the way?? - I don't use them anymore with the Variable Key method.

I use two repeater regions over the attack bars (One for me and one for my companion.) The rest of everything is a matter of coordinating the casting order of the toons on each of their cast bars to compliment each other as much as possible.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:34 am

I can't immediately see any issues with your ISBoxer configuration. The only suggestion I have is to change your Key Combination for Assist Me to something simpler than Shift+Alt+Insert, preferably something without a modifier, but if that works I'm not sure why.

Those buttons (click bars) you mentioned cannot be the issue; they are not linked to any mapped keys.

I am curious why you set up your Variable Keystrokes on a per Character basis rather than a per Character Set Slot basis but don't think that is likely to be it. You could always try migrating your Variable Keystrokes to the Character Set Slots.

EDIT: Just had a thought. Your assist target key binding is Insert. I seem to remember that key was originally bound to something else in SWTOR by default. Maybe that is interfering... I think Lax suggests F11 for Assist and F12 for Follow (or maybe vice versa).
<<

jonlseagul12

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:43 pm

I swapped out the Insert and Home keys to F11 and F12, and I simplified the Mapped Keys and now it's working much better... Very Playable. Thanks for all the help! I guess the lesson is - keep it simple. Whoot!
<<

talonness

Post Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:17 pm

I would be curious on what your current configuration is. Is it possible for you to private paste your current. I could use all the help I can get :).

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic