FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Virtual Client Setting

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Sibroc

Post Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:41 pm

Virtual Client Setting

Mornings,

Somehow I cant get 2 different client settings (virtual files) to work. Anytime I logoff it somehow resets my slave to the settings my main has. I would like to have my main run at high grafic settings an my slave at low. I cant even find the file "client_settings-charname.ini" in any folder.

I created a virtual "client-settings.ini" and added both my characters to it. I did the same for the "launcher.settings".

The virtual launcher files work perfect for both accounts but as I said it doesnt for the client-settings. Did I miss something ?

Another question... I have an I5 cpu. I added core 1 to my main and core 2 to my slave. Would it give a better performance when adding another core to one or both accounts ? Like 1 & 2 charcter 1 and 3 & 4 character 2 ?

My performance is ok for playing (20 to 60 fps) but Im thinking of adding another account/instance and trying to improve my performance before.

Thanks in advance
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:08 am

Re: Virtual Client Setting

Sibroc wrote:Somehow I cant get 2 different client settings (virtual files) to work. Anytime I logoff it somehow resets my slave to the settings my main has. I would like to have my main run at high grafic settings an my slave at low. I cant even find the file "client_settings-charname.ini" in any folder.

I created a virtual "client-settings.ini" and added both my characters to it. I did the same for the "launcher.settings".

The virtual launcher files work perfect for both accounts but as I said it doesnt for the client-settings. Did I miss something ?

Hard to tell without seeing your config. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing
<<

Sibroc

Post Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:12 am

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:46 am

Sibroc wrote:Mornings,

Somehow I cant get 2 different client settings (virtual files) to work. Anytime I logoff it somehow resets my slave to the settings my main has. I would like to have my main run at high grafic settings an my slave at low. I cant even find the file "client_settings-charname.ini" in any folder.

No, it looks like you used the Quick Setup Wizard or the Virtual File Wizard to create them, and it creates them correctly. Nothing you missed relating to the virttual files, it should just work. It might be that the way you are closing the game does not save the setting? I can't think of a good reason why it would reset for you.

Another question... I have an I5 cpu. I added core 1 to my main and core 2 to my slave. Would it give a better performance when adding another core to one or both accounts ? Like 1 & 2 charcter 1 and 3 & 4 character 2 ?

My performance is ok for playing (20 to 60 fps) but Im thinking of adding another account/instance and trying to improve my performance before.

If you have 4 cores (they have i5's with different numbers of cores) and 2 SWTOR instances, yes you can double them up and potentially gain performance. In the CPU Strategy Wizard you can just enable the HyperThreading option, and use the remaining defaults for Round-robin CPU strategy. Or manually select cores 1,2 for Slot 1 and 3,4 for Slot 2.
<<

Sibroc

Post Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:25 am

ok, thanks for info ! Strange about my virtual file issue thought I just missed something.

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic