FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Various Issues

Moderator: MiRai

<<

balrog78

Post Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:42 am

Various Issues

I am currently having several issues with running SWTOR.

1. Resolution
Sometimes resolution is messed up and window is streched (wrong x/y ratio). I can sometimes solve it with closing window and opening it again. It doesnt happen always and I dont know how to reproduce it.

2. FPS
I was running my 4 instances with no problem almost all the time. I didnt care about any CPU strategy. FPS was between 25-40 on my main window which was all I needed. Now the FPS is often good for 1 window (or maybe 2 windows) but really bad for the other ones. So I started looking at CPU strategy. I have 8 cores and 16GB RAM (pretty new Alienware notebook) I tried different combinations:

- assigning no cores
- assigning 4 cores to main window and single core to other windows
- 2 cores for each window
- changing launch order (because in most tries last launched window had 40 fps while other ones have < 10 fps)

What seemed to worked for me till problems started was: 1-2 assigned to character 1, 3-4 assigned to character 2. Nothing assigned to character 3 and 4.

Maybe parts of the problems are related to character name change (after this many problems started, but it could be a coincidence) I noted that when I point to character names within the ISBoxer configuration it requires really the name: So when my character is named John and I send keystrokes to John and later change name to Jack it will still try to send keystrokes to John who doesnt exist anymore.
I was expecting that I dont have to change the name everywhere I used it. I was expecting some internal ID being used for the character names. Its not a big deal I can do global replace in the XML, I guess a warning message would avoid confusion.

EDIT:

- I tried already closing several programs running in background including virus scanner (though I had good performance once even with these running)
- I am pretty sure that my CPU is not throttled: I verified my setting and I dont see the ISBoxer popup warning me about throttled CPU
- It first worked well with 4, then I had to reduce to 3 instance. Now I even have < 10fps with 3 instances
<<

balrog78

Post Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:57 am

Re: Various Issues

I restarted Windows. Now it is almost good again. If I have the problem again I will try with restarting InnerSpace only next time.
Btw. I noted that before restarting windows my CPU cooler was making almost no noise. Now after restart it is really noisy again. That indicates that CPU was not really used by the SWTOR instances.

Still my 4th instance which is rather unimportant has the 40 fps (1 CPU assigned), my 2nd instance which is most important for me now has 22 fps (4 CPUs assigned).
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:16 am

For 2, http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/46326-FIX-for-post-patch-FPS-issues may help.
For 1, sounds like the old problem with not running SWTOR in Windowed mode. See http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1818&start=10#p7641
<<

balrog78

Post Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:22 am

Thanks, I will try (2) suggestion. However regarding 1, it happens only sometimes and I am using Windowed mode. I can 100% reproduce problems if not using windowed :-) With Windowed it happens sometimes.
<<

balrog78

Post Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:10 pm

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic