FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Broadcast only action bar keys, possible? How?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

modio

Post Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:44 am

Broadcast only action bar keys, possible? How?

Hello,

I'm using my SWTOR succesfully on 1 PC in my 2 monitors. I use to play with my main char and another following it. But the problem i have is that i want to broadcast only the action bar keys, i mean, if i press 1 on my keyboard, it will be pressed on both chars, but i dont want to broadcast the movement keys (like W,D,A,S) cause my 2 monitors have differents sizes and resolutions and the cursor icon does not match and if i don't say FOLLOW on the game, it become crazy.

Is there a way to only broadcast the action bar keys? (1,2,3... CTRL+1, CTRL+2... etc)

Thanks
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:59 am

Re: Broadcast only action bar keys, possible? How?

You should not be broadcasting (have repeater on) all the time.

See http://isboxer.com/wiki/Quick_Start_Guide#Understanding_Key_Maps_vs_Repeater.

Instead, use the in-game follow mechanism to move your team around. Then, you can set up Mapped Keys which will do the equivalent of broadcasting. See http://isboxer.com/wiki/Quick_Start_Guide#Quickly_add_many_broadcasting_hotkeys.

You may find a guide like http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/46470-Apps-%28actually-Mosg2%E2%80%99s%29-2-Man-and-3-Man-SWTOR-setup useful. There are some other guides in that same forum.
<<

modio

Post Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:27 am

mmm i'm getting lost looking at those guides :$ so i should turn of repeater, not to be on all the time...

But when i was in combat, should i turn it on? (it's a pain to have to turn it before i attack someone) ... but if i turn it on my other char (the secondary one) will move bad...

For example, what i want is to move and control my main char (fight with it) and the secondary just follow (with the in game function) and when i press "1" por example in my keyboard, the secondary char heals the main one (putting the heal spell on the spot 1)

Could someone give me a noob-like how to?

Thanks
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:57 am

But when i was in combat, should i turn it on? (it's a pain to have to turn it before i attack someone) ... but if i turn it on my other char (the secondary one) will move bad...

no.

In WoW what we do (or did before they implemented the "Interact with Target" hotkey) is position them with Auto-Follow before combat, and "drop off" ranged characters by making them break follow. If you're all melee, then you play whoever you want to be the tank, run slightly past the mob and turn around. This puts it between you and your followers, facing you so your followers are behind it. Fairly ideal positioning.

For example, what i want is to move and control my main char (fight with it) and the secondary just follow (with the in game function) and when i press "1" por example in my keyboard, the secondary char heals the main one (putting the heal spell on the spot 1)

"Quick Start Guide: Quickly add many broadcasting hotkeys" tells you how to easily set it up so that when you press 1 it will send 1 to the other window. Basically you launch a little wizard, you press 1 in the box, and tell it to send to all windows, press OK, and then Export to Inner Space. Then once you're in the game, you have "Key Maps" on, and "Broadcasting" off, and press 1. Both guys will press the 1 button.

Could someone give me a noob-like how to?

If you need information other than what was given, please be more specific ;) Alge's first 2 links (both in ISBoxer's Quick Start Guide) are short and to the point...
<<

modio

Post Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:52 am

Mmm ok, i know i'm close to it... and it's an easy thing :S (don't call me stupid please... :$)

I don't know what's happening, i can't get it to work, when i set one char to follow the another, and i hit the "1" on one char... the other only target the main char, don't do nothing. I think maybe it's a targeting problem, and maybe that's why the alter-char don't do nothing... this is how i have it configured :S

Could give me a screen of the correct configuration?

Thanks sorry for the noob question :$
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:36 am

You didn't follow a single Step of what the guide that explains how to quickly add many broadcasting hotkeys, you modified an example and the reason it doesn't work is that it probably doesn't have a Hotkey configured.

Instead of linking this to you again, I am just going to paste it right here in this post. Follow it from step 1, to the end. Line by line. Takes 30 seconds, really seriously just follow the numbers one at a time and when you are done, your key will work:
1. In the top pane, click on "Combat" under Key Maps
2. In the bottom left pane, where it now shows "Combat" and then "Mapped Keys", right click on Mapped Keys and select Many new Mapped Keys.
3. At the top of the Many new Mapped Keys window is a box labeled "Press a key combination here". Click in that box, and press each and every combination of keys you want to set up right now, which may include any combination of alt,ctrl,shift with whichever non-modifier key you like.
4. The "Target for keystrokes" box lets you pick the intended target windows for the keystroke to be passed to. Typically this would be "Window:All w/ current" which will pass the keystroke to every window including the one you are in. Likewise, "Window: All w/o current" will pass the keystroke to every window excluding the one you are in (aka "all other").
5. The "Do this Mapped Key first" box lets you pick a Mapped Key to perform before the keystroke is passed. Usually you want to just leave it empty, but this would typically be used for things like automatically assisting your main character before an attack.
6. The "Do this Mapped Key after" box lets you pick a Mapped Key to perform after the keystroke is passed. Usually you want to just leave it empty.
7. Click OK!

then Export to Inner Space.

If that was too much to read, try this abridged version that ONLY tells you how to add the 1 key, and this is JUST FOR YOU.
1. In the top pane, click on "Combat" under Key Maps
2. In the bottom left pane, where it now shows "Combat" and then "Mapped Keys", right click on Mapped Keys and select Many new Mapped Keys.
3. In the window that comes up, there's a box "Press a key combination here". Click on that box and then press 1.
4. Click OK!
5. Export to Inner Space
<<

modio

Post Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:07 pm

Ty very much, now it's almost working...

Only thing i have left is that my alter char stop following my main after he/she cast the "1"...

Sorry for all that noobs questions :S
<<

Gylon

Post Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:09 am

modio wrote:Ty very much, now it's almost working...

Only thing i have left is that my alter char stop following my main after he/she cast the "1"...

Sorry for all that noobs questions :S

I'm in the same boat as you so don't feel bad. I haven't used the program in weeks cause I cant seem to get things to work the way I want them to either. Go read the following 50 things "Information overload" that don't seem to apply. Just seems more complicating to get this to work then it should be. The guides all seem to be written towards advanced users and im sure they are very easy to understand if its something you're used to dealing with. I'm still waiting (hoping) for the video setup that show me what needs to be where to make SWTOR work for me without needing repeater on causing more issues then its worth.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:14 am

Sounds like a feature of the game. When people ask this specific question with regards to World of Warcraft, the answer is here: FAQ: Why do my guys stop auto-following when I fight somehting?

I'm in the same boat as you so don't feel bad. I haven't used the program in weeks cause I cant seem to get things to work the way I want them to either. Go read the following 50 things "Information overload" that don't seem to apply. Just seems more complicating to get this to work then it should be. The guides all seem to be written towards advanced users and im sure they are very easy to understand if its something you're used to dealing with. I'm still waiting (hoping) for the video setup that show me what needs to be where to make SWTOR work for me without needing repeater on causing more issues then its worth.

It's funny that you responded with this to a question about the game rather than a question about ISBoxer. ;) You're going to have to give some details as far as what you're confused about if you want help, or a video that specifically addresses your concerns. I am commissioning new videos that will cover the topics that need to be covered for SWTOR, but how am I to know what problems you are having in order to make sure they help you?

I wrote this new Quick Start Guide couple days ago: Quick Start Guide 40. The "Gameplay as a multiboxer" section and "Start customizing" directly below might help you. ISBoxer 40 also has new features, as of a couple days ago, that build on the basic setup in the Quick Setup Wizard to help you get started in SWTOR.

Lastly, SWTOR is a new game; it takes time for people to learn all of the game's quirks, to think of good ways of solving all of the problems they want to be solved, and for new simplified guides and videos to be made that fit your needs. The super-easy WoW multiboxing methods didn't exist for many months even after ISBoxer came out, and most of the "ease of use" for WoW comes from its built-in Addon system that we can use to set up in-game macros and key bindings. No other game we multibox provides this (RIFT comes close). Multiboxing SWTOR is pretty much the same as EQ1, EQ2, LOTRO, and every other MMORPG except for WoW ;)
<<

Gylon

Post Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:40 am

lax wrote:

Sounds like a feature of the game. When people ask this specific question with regards to World of Warcraft, the answer is here: FAQ: Why do my guys stop auto-following when I fight somehting?

It's funny that you responded with this to a question about the game rather than a question about ISBoxer. ;) You're going to have to give some details as far as what you're confused about if you want help, or a video that specifically addresses your concerns. I am commissioning new videos that will cover the topics that need to be covered for SWTOR, but how am I to know what problems you are having in order to make sure they help you?

I wrote this new Quick Start Guide couple days ago: Quick Start Guide 40. The "Gameplay as a multiboxer" section and "Start customizing" directly below might help you. ISBoxer 40 also has new features, as of a couple days ago, that build on the basic setup in the Quick Setup Wizard to help you get started in SWTOR.

Lastly, SWTOR is a new game; it takes time for people to learn all of the game's quirks, to think of good ways of solving all of the problems they want to be solved, and for new simplified guides and videos to be made that fit your needs. The super-easy WoW multiboxing methods didn't exist for many months even after ISBoxer came out, and most of the "ease of use" for WoW comes from its built-in Addon system that we can use to set up in-game macros and key bindings. No other game we multibox provides this (RIFT comes close). Multiboxing SWTOR is pretty much the same as EQ1, EQ2, LOTRO, and every other MMORPG except for WoW ;)

I'm not knocking the program, more so my own lack of knowledge on how to use it. I decided a few weeks ago that I will wait for the new simplified guides instead of banging my head up against the wall trying to figure out WTF im doing wrong. For some reason, I too cant figure out how to make this program useful in multiboxing. I cant seem to get them to work together in a useful way as in if I don't turn on the repeater button my other toon will just stand there doing nothing. I don't understand all the code, I just need simple. Two toons in a party that when I press a button they both respond doing the function that I want each of them to do. If I press 1 on my keyboard I would like both toons to perform whatever ability is in slot 1. I cant get this to work unless I turn on the repeater. and like I said, I don't understand complicated code to fully utilize this software. I personally need to see it and follow along with the video.
Next

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic