FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Broadcast only action bar keys, possible? How?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Gorthu

Post Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:55 am

Re: Broadcast only action bar keys, possible? How?

Let's check the simple things first. Since I'm probably less knowledgeable than any one else here that would give advice, I probably come closest to your frustration.

IN ISBOXER:

1. UNDER character sets in the top left pane, click on the set that you created. Now look in the lower left pane, does it show two slots with characters assigned to both slots? If not, drag them from the above top pane.

2. In the lower pane, does it show the keymaps you are wanting to use for your characters? If not, you need to drag the keymaps down into the lower pane.

3. Also, it needs the window layout you created.

Now, if all this is done, go to the top left pane and click on each character and check for the following:

1. Is the character set assigned to that character in the lower pane? If not, drag it down.

2. Is the keymap you are wanting to use assigned to that character, if not, drag it down.

3. Same goes for click bars (but these are not required to play your characters).

Now, click on Default under Repeater Profiles (in the upper Pane). Click on Default in the lower pane. In the right pane now, uncheck both boxes for key repeat and mouse repeat. NO CHECK MARKS in either.

Next, go to the top pane and click on the keymap you are using. This will make the keys assigned to the keymap available in the bottom pane for modifications.

1. Click on your first keymap. Let's assume this is the Keymap for the first Quickbar Slot in SWTOR. So that is, by default, the center quickbar and the first slot in the quickbar, and by default in the keybindings for SWTOR, assigned to the key 1.

a. Now if you have this key already made, and you click on it, the pane to the right of it will show a field labeled: Hotkey.

This hotkey can be the 1 key on your keyboard, or it could be any key you want to press. It doesn't have to be the same key assigned by the game to your quickbar. Because this is not the key that gets sent to the game, this is only the key that InnerSpace receives, so it knows what instructions to carry out. You must have a key assigned here (for now - there are advance methods that let you activate keys with other keys). So for your purposes, assign the key 1.

If you don't have this keymap made, then you can make it by right-clicking on MAPPED KEYS and selecting New Mapped Key. You can name this key also.

b. Now, under the field called Hotkey, as described above, there is a field with the description: "Hold any Keystroke Action while Hotkey is held". There is a drop down menu with the options available. For SWTOR, this option has to be set to ON.

c. You will notice there are other things in the left pane under your key map, one is labeled step, and has a 1 under it. This just means the first step to execute. So click on this 1. You will notice in the right pane next to this pane, you now see the word Actions. Right-click on Actions, and you get a menu with lots of selections. The only one you need to be concerned with at this time, is the first one: Keystroke Actions. Point to it and select New Keystroke Action from the pop-up menu. In that window, you will notice a new line appear under Actions, and the pane to the right changes. In that new pane to the far right, is the field labeled Target. Select Window: All w/current, and in the field below labeled Key Combination, you will put the Keybinding from SWTOR for the quickbar slot you want to execute. In this case it is 1.

This is the simple version. You can repeat the above steps for as many of the Quickbar slots you want.

Now, in SWTOR, following and target acquisition by your 2nd Character is a lot different than many other games. Follow will break for a myriad of reasons, so, make a keymap that has your 2nd character follow. Then press it, whenever you do something with the first character and you want the 2nd character to follow. It doesn't happen automatically (that would be called "botting" and multiboxers do not "bot". Also, you need to set up keymaps for acquiring targets.

The follow command in SWTOR can have a keybind, but one is not assigned by default. If you only play two characters, then the keybind for the "other" character is always F2. Let's say you assign a keybind in SWTOR to the follow command. Use F6 for the keybind. So now, to ke sure your character follows, you would need to press F2 and then F6 (but only for the second character). This is done in ISBOXER by making mapped keys with the target as: Window: All w/o current, for both F2 and F6.

To get the target from your first character, you would need to send F2 to the 2nd character only, then acquire that character's target (ALT+T by default). Then attack. There is no pass-through targeting in SWTOR, like other games may have.

Save it, then export to InnerSpace.

This is about as simple as it gets. Again, SWTOR has a lot of quirks. Sometimes, they only affect me and not you. Using 3rd party software, like ISBoxer, requires patience. It may take a while to get it set the way you want. By then, though, you'll find that it is much more capable and you'll be starting over using advance options. That's when SWTOR will become much more fun.
<<

Gylon

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:40 am

lax wrote:
Only thing i have left is that my alter char stop following my main after he/she cast the "1"...

Sounds like a feature of the game. When people ask this specific question with regards to World of Warcraft, the answer is here: FAQ: Why do my guys stop auto-following when I fight somehting?

I'm in the same boat as you so don't feel bad. I haven't used the program in weeks cause I cant seem to get things to work the way I want them to either. Go read the following 50 things "Information overload" that don't seem to apply. Just seems more complicating to get this to work then it should be. The guides all seem to be written towards advanced users and im sure they are very easy to understand if its something you're used to dealing with. I'm still waiting (hoping) for the video setup that show me what needs to be where to make SWTOR work for me without needing repeater on causing more issues then its worth.

It's funny that you responded with this to a question about the game rather than a question about ISBoxer. ;) You're going to have to give some details as far as what you're confused about if you want help, or a video that specifically addresses your concerns. I am commissioning new videos that will cover the topics that need to be covered for SWTOR, but how am I to know what problems you are having in order to make sure they help you?

I wrote this new Quick Start Guide couple days ago: Quick Start Guide 40. The "Gameplay as a multiboxer" section and "Start customizing" directly below might help you. ISBoxer 40 also has new features, as of a couple days ago, that build on the basic setup in the Quick Setup Wizard to help you get started in SWTOR.

Lastly, SWTOR is a new game; it takes time for people to learn all of the game's quirks, to think of good ways of solving all of the problems they want to be solved, and for new simplified guides and videos to be made that fit your needs. The super-easy WoW multiboxing methods didn't exist for many months even after ISBoxer came out, and most of the "ease of use" for WoW comes from its built-in Addon system that we can use to set up in-game macros and key bindings. No other game we multibox provides this (RIFT comes close). Multiboxing SWTOR is pretty much the same as EQ1, EQ2, LOTRO, and every other MMORPG except for WoW ;)

Quick Start Guide 40 - this was a major help. Thank you. I loaded the program last night & it updated. Followed along with your guide and was able to have both of my toons work together without needing the broadcast on. Thank You!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:48 am

Quick Start Guide 40 - this was a major help. Thank you. I loaded the program last night & it updated. Followed along with your guide and was able to have both of my toons work together without needing the broadcast on. Thank You!

Your feedback is much appreciated, glad the new guide helped :)
<<

Gylon

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:33 am

Now that I have it working, I don't want to mess it up so that's why im going to ask :)

I would like to see my other toons minimap on the active screen using video feed- any special setup needed for swtor?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:48 am

Nope, nothing special about Video FX for any current game. MiRai's videos on the Video FX page (linked) will get you going. The "Healing 101" video is very good and, although it's about healing in WoW, it shows you a practical example of how to take a piece of any game UI from one window, put it in another window and interact with it.
<<

Gylon

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:39 am

lax wrote:Nope, nothing special about Video FX for any current game. MiRai's videos on the Video FX page (linked) will get you going. The "Healing 101" video is very good and, although it's about healing in WoW, it shows you a practical example of how to take a piece of any game UI from one window, put it in another window and interact with it.

Thx! Ill check it out.
Previous

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic