FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Run Time Error

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Sibroc

Post Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:38 pm

Run Time Error

I got a problem for some days now while Multiboxing SWTOR.

I run 2 instances on 1 PC without any problems and good fps. But sometimes I got a Run Time Error on 1 or both instances and swtor shuts down. I guess it happens during fights only, but Im not 100% sure on that.

I run both instances without any lagging and about 80 fps but I keep getting this strange error.

Running Vista Ultimate 64bit.

Anyone got any hint on solving this ?

thankies !
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:05 pm

Re: Run Time Error

Is that the only information you get? It says runtime error? All that tells me or you, or anyone really, is that it had an error while running. If it does not provide any technical information then I don't have enough information to even begin investigating a potential issue.

But, there are some things to try at least.

1. Check for video and sound drivers, etc. The usual. If you don't know what you're doing, then especially this because they may be out of date. ;)

2. Try shutting down other running programs. One of them could be causing a problem somehow, so at least this way you can rule them out.

3. In the Help menu in ISBoxer is a "Diagnostics for game crashes". This can be used to provide me information about what other programs are running and loaded in the game process. Follow the instructions and after it does the "Copy", paste it on privatepaste.com and give me the link to it (or paste ID).
<<

Sibroc

Post Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:24 pm

No, I get more informations and not just run time error. I will note it next time I get the message and post it here.

Graficdrivers are up to date, just did it last week or so.

I will post more infos next time I get the error box.

Thanks so far Lax !
<<

Sibroc

Post Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:14 pm

well, I changed my settings from "Fullscreen (windowed)" to "Windowed" and no crash till now. Maybe that was the problem. I will post if the error shows up again.
<<

Sibroc

Post Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:58 pm

Ok, sadly I got the error again. The box that appears says...

Run Time Error
R 6025
-pure virtual function call

...and it points to my swtor directory.

Does this say anything to you, Lax ?

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic