FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Any advises?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Bernard

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:55 am

Any advises?

I would like to make some guides, but honestly first this is the first time and second i am not very well used to the different software that you are using to make it nice in the forum.

to take a picture from your PC as some windows from IS what do you recommend? to include remarks texts.... to make a training video with possibilities to make some custom presentation what do you recommend?

Many Thanks for your tips

B
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:18 am

Re: Any advises?

For screenshots:
You can take a full-desktop screenshot by pressing Print Screen -- Windows will Copy it to the clipboard for you. Then just Paste it into Paint or another image editor app, save and you can upload screenshots to imgur.com without even having to sign up for anything. imgur then provides links you can use to show the image here or elsewhere.

For videos:
You will need to decide what you want recorded because different apps will record different things. Some will record a Direct3D game, these work fine but in that mode it will not capture any ISBoxer Video FX or additional windows. To get Video FX in the video, you need to make sure DWM layers/composition is recorded.
* I use CamStudio when I want to get down and dirty with something free. It's definitely not the best, actually it's kind of a pain but it does work ;)
* FRAPS is used by many pros. I think MiRai uses FRAPS. To record vfx with FRAPS, I think you want to set it to record the desktop.
* X-Split should also work I hear
* MSI Afterburner also has really good video recording but I am not sure whether it can capture Video FX. It will capture high quality video from all of your windows at once though

As far as processing the video and making it look good with added text, I'm not the one to ask how to make it look nice ;) Professional video editing software is the way to go as far as I know. Maybe someone else has suggestions for that part
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:28 am

to take a picture from your PC as some windows from IS what do you recommend? to include remarks texts....

For adding text and other effects to images I use GIMP. It's free too :)
<<

Bernard

Post Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:52 am

Thanks a lot!! will have a look and will try to make a nice guide ;)

I know already the name : Multiboxing in SWTOR by a Newbe and for Newbes :)

B

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic