FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Special Characters / Keys

Moderator: MiRai

<<

balrog78

Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:37 pm

Special Characters / Keys

Hi,

I setup ISBOXER for SWTOR more or less successfully. I am not able to broadcast space and arrow keys and also I was not able to broadcast e.g. ALT-T.
Funny thing is space works in dialogs and is broadcasted but toons are not jumping when outside of dialog.

Do you have any idea/suggestion?

Thanks,
Bal
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:01 pm

Re: Special Characters / Keys

Movement keys, such as forward, back, jump, etc require the Hold option enabled on the Mapped Key:
1. In the top pane in ISBoxer, select the Key Map containing your Mapped Keys.
2. In the bottom left pane, select the Mapped Key for Jump (or whichever movement key to be fixed)
3. In the bottom right pane, directly beneath the Hotkey option (which is the very top one) is a drop-down box for "Hold any Keystroke Actions while Hotkey is held". It's likely set to "Default (Off)". Set it to "On"
4. Repeat for all movement keys
5. Export to Inner Space to activate the changes

And for Alt, unfortunately due to the design of SWTOR any keys you broadcast that include a modifier key (Alt, Shift, Ctrl) may also require the Hold option. So try that for this key as well. :)
<<

balrog78

Post Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:19 am

Re: Special Characters / Keys

Thanks, that made sense and it works. Interesting thing is the facing of the following toons. They seem to look into the direction where the main is who they are following but if I use the up arrow key they are going to left and right. Of course this is not an ISBoxer issue.

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic