FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Windows 7 BSOD

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Clicker

Post Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:05 am

Windows 7 BSOD

Was wondering if anyone else has started having BSOD's since the last patch. Don't know if its innerspace or swtor, but I've started having them a lot more since the patch on Wednesday. I haven't changed anything on my computer or added any hardware.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:10 am

Re: Windows 7 BSOD

Clicker wrote:Was wondering if anyone else has started having BSOD's since the last patch. Don't know if its innerspace or swtor, but I've started having them a lot more since the patch on Wednesday. I haven't changed anything on my computer or added any hardware.

BSODs are a hardware and/or driver issue. Part of the BSOD screen's job is to tell you what driver failed. This is the only way you'll find out what to fix.

Here's an example BSOD screen, from Windows 7:
In this example, the driver is SPCMDCON.SYS. If I were getting this BSOD, I would be googling SPCMDCON.SYS to find out what it's from, and then I would try to find a replacement driver.

It's not always that simple depending on the cause of the BSOD, but that's where to start.
<<

Clicker

Post Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:21 pm

Re: Windows 7 BSOD

The more I've read about it, I think its the nvidia drivers. A lot of people are having the same problems. Thanks for the quick response.

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic