FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Swtor - wont run 2 instances now.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

beany

Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:07 pm

Swtor - wont run 2 instances now.

Title i think explains the situation. To include i am seeing the funky half screen, but i saw a fix for that.

anyone else?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:54 pm

Re: Swtor - wont run 2 instances now.

Are you getting an error message? I need some hints here. ;)

If it takes more than 3 minutes to get your first game instance up, for example if you just finished patching SWTOR, then you will need to launch your team again (leaving the first one up) to continue filling in any missing windows.

If you get a message "Only one instance of this application can run", that is covered in the SWTOR howto -- as are other common problems, so make sure to re-visit that.
<<

beany

Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:09 pm

thanks i will. I have had this running with no issues the last week or two. thanks i will look there!
or rebooting my comp sorta worked!

thanks again. of course there is no real reason why i cant have 2 accounts and not run them off the same computer.

/bow
<<

Bloodcloud

Post Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:52 am

I have the same issue.

When I :
Start Character sets in Innerspace:
- is1 = dxnothing first client -> ok
- is2 = first client -> ok
- is3 = second client -> Error only one instance can run..

how I get it to work: (basic :)
10 is2: log into the game
20 Start Character sets in Innerspace (again)
30 if error - close popup, wait a bit and goto 20

cheers
BC
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:56 am

Bloodcloud wrote:I have the same issue.

When I :
Start Character sets in Innerspace:
- is1 = dxnothing first client -> ok
- is2 = first client -> ok
- is3 = second client -> Error only one instance can run..

how I get it to work: (basic :)
10 is2: log into the game
20 Start Character sets in Innerspace (again)
30 if error - close popup, wait a bit and goto 20

cheers
BC

As mentioned in my previous post on this thread, the problem you just described and the proper solution are in the howto. :) You can bump the launch delay!
<<

Bloodcloud

Post Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:03 am

lax wrote:As mentioned in my previous post on this thread, the problem you just described and the proper solution are in the howto. :) You can bump the launch delay!

ack, i think 20 seconds where not enough.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:49 am

No, really 2 seconds should be plenty. If the first launcher is still up 20 seconds after it successfully launches the game, something is wrong. (But I couldn't say what?)
<<

Bloodcloud

Post Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:52 am

lax wrote:

No, really 2 seconds should be plenty. If the first launcher is still up 20 seconds after it successfully launches the game, something is wrong. (But I couldn't say what?)

nope 20sec is not enough for me.

When does this counter start ? I also need to put in an authenticator code...
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:09 am

The option is explained thusly "Launch each character ___ seconds after another is ready". By Ready this means the game window is up and ISBoxer is active in it. The launcher has zero effect on this setting. The counter starts no sooner than when Inner Space's FPS meter in the game window first appears. Having to enter your account name, password, AND authenticator code, have no effect on the delay between launches.

If you think this may be related to the time it takes to enter your authenticator code, then perhaps what needs to be explained is that if you take longer than 3 minutes between the time it launches the launcher, and the time the game window comes up (and ISBoxer would launch the next one), ISBoxer assumes something is wrong and stops waiting. This would be indicated in the main Inner Space Console (right click IS and select Console), and it would say something to the effect of "Not fully launched after 3 minutes, launch your team again to continue". Simply select your team again from the menu to continue filling in the remaining Slots. If you want to know more about what is happening during the launching process, this console is what you need to look at.
<<

Bloodcloud

Post Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:41 am

Lax, thanks for the explanation.
on my computer (even with the 20sec wait) I need to start the character set at least 2 times, because I always get the popup for the is3 window (second client) "Error only one instance can run.." see above.
the 20sec are definitively active since I have to wait 20 sec now between the is1 = dxnothing, and is2 = 1st client.
I might just reset it to 1sec and then try to start the character set a couple of times, until i don't get the popup. (that's what I am now doing anyway.)

it is not a big thing, since I need to do that only once when I log in. Just wanted to mention that I see the same behavior.
Next

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic