FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Messed up after todays patch

Moderator: MiRai

<<

natakuta

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:15 pm

Messed up after todays patch

My SWTOR set up is not working right after the SWTOR patch today. I run three clients on two monitors. the full screen region works fine... the two regions that are each 1/4 of the second monitor are messed up. the interface for the game is only 1/4 of the region on those two. THe only change has been the SWTOR patch... any ideas before I go messing with stuff?
<<

Automagic

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:33 pm

Re: Messed up after todays patch

I'm having similar problems. When trying to do a dual-box setup with a single monitor, using a window layout where both screens are full-screened except the task bar, I end up with the UI taking up only about the left two third of the screen while the non-UI portions of the display (in-game rendered things) are correct. That means that the right portions of the UI are more or less in the middle of the screen, instead of on the left.

http://oi40.tinypic.com/o2vj5.jpg is an example

I noticed that the settings file had lines that said:

Height = 1212
NativeHeight = 1170
NativeWidth = 1920
Width = 1170

So I tried adjusting the Height and Width to match the other values (1170 and 1920), but they simply got ignored and reset when I quit the game again. If I set the height to something less than 1170 it's closer to correct, but there are weird graphical glitches at the bottom of the screen.

I also tried clear out all the settings files and starting from scratch, to no avail.

So far, no success in resolving the issue.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:44 pm

Today's SWTOR patch reset the graphics settings. Your game may now be in full screen mode and set to high quality, so it may a) look out of whack (from being set to full screen mode), and b) run slow (from having more than one SWTOR instance running at high quality!)

To correct the problem, do the following in each window:
1. Press Alt+Enter if the window looks out of whack. This will put the game in windowed mode. When it changes over, it will still look kind of funny (UI will be out of place). Do an Export to Inner Space from ISBoxer and it should reset the window to look normal.
2. Go into the in-game Settings screen and adjust the Graphics Quality settings to Low for most of your clients. This will improve performance. It is relatively common to have high settings on one instance, and low on the rest.
<<

natakuta

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:54 pm

My performace is fine on high setting for all three clients, this computer does not even sweat. here are a few images of what the issue looks like.

Main monitor http://tinypic.com/r/x44tjn/5

second monitors (where the issues show) http://tinypic.com/r/219uxz6/5

I tried messing with the ingame winowed/fullscreen setting and it just caused the windows on the second monitor to go fullscreen on the main monitor.
<<

Automagic

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:56 pm

lax wrote:1. Press Alt+Enter if the window looks out of whack. This will put the game in windowed mode. When it changes over, it will still look kind of funny (UI will be out of place). Do an Export to Inner Space from ISBoxer and it should reset the window to look normal.

This fixed my problem flawlessly. Like the original poster I have no problems with multiple clients on high settings as long as the background one isn't also running at 60fps, but your first step was exactly the solution to my issue. Thank you very much! <3

Hopefully the original poster's issue will be fixed quickly too!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:03 pm

I tried messing with the ingame winowed/fullscreen setting and it just caused the windows on the second monitor to go fullscreen on the main monitor.

Please try the process I described, including the Export to Inner Space.

When you change the windowed/fullscreen setting, either through the game's menu or with Alt+Enter, the game does a reset and may move the window and the UI may be out of place. Doing an Export to Inner Space should reset it to the state ISBoxer wants it in.
<<

natakuta

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:08 pm

I got it working, I had a few game client crashes before I got it to work. It seems to be fine at the moment. I will post an update if anything changes. Thanks.

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic