FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Issues getting ixboxer to work with SWTOR

Moderator: MiRai

<<

WarDave

Post Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:50 pm

Issues getting ixboxer to work with SWTOR

I recently reinstalled my system and this was working before I reinstalled but now it never gets past the launcher. As I enter all my info into the launcher and click the button to log in the launcher goes away then I get a hourglass on my cursor for about 10 secs then goes away with out launching the game.

I can run the game with out innerspace/isboxer

http://privatepaste.com/70264cddf2

I wasn't getting any errors but I figrued I would try .net 3.5 just to be sure and it didn't help, I had microsoft security essentials installed but I removed it via uninstall then rebooted. I also have tried doing a selective startup then rebooted to make sure nothing else was running that might cause issues.

I can get innerspace to launch other games like eq1 and it works np.

Also I have tried setting the game to windowed and fullscreen both and still wouldn't launch with isboxer/innerspace

Ideas?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:48 pm

Re: Issues getting ixboxer to work with SWTOR

Is this without Windows 7 SP1? Mine shows
Code:
Platform: Windows 7 SP1 (WinNT 6.00.3505)

but yours says Windows 7 6.00.3504

Can you try applying the service pack?
<<

DavidW

Post Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:20 pm

Upgrading to SP1 worked. I was planning on doing all the upgrades this weekend or when a slept some night this week. ( just installed )

Wonder what fix in SP1 did the trick?

But I guess you should add that to your list of stuff to do to get the game working for ISboxer/innerspace.

Thanks again.
<<

DavidW

Post Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:38 am

Well it was working before I went to bed now its not. Going to try to do some more updates to see if that does anything for it.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:51 am

Make sure it's not some running program as well. Your logs didn't show other programs running, but if it changed between last night and this morning that might be a tip of some sort
<<

DavidW

Post Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:16 am

Well I finished doing some windows updates and its working again. I also noticed some recommended updates that looked interesting so I did them.

http://www.privatepaste.com/4392c4e59e (I set this to be up for 1 year on privatepate)

Maybe this will help with others later on.

Now if you could do something where I never had to hear this droids voice in game again I would pay double what I pay now for isboxer ! =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obqysZCuhKY
<<

DavidW

Post Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:46 pm

I figured out a bug of some sort. If I just x out of the game to close it. The game will not launch after the patcher until I reboot my machine. Rebooting Innerspace doesnt seem to help.

Just figured you would like to know
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:56 pm

Okay.

By "x out of the game" can you be more specific for me? Should I interpret that as you don't have a Window Layout or your Window Layout is configured to include the window border, and you click the X in the title bar of the game window?
<<

DavidW

Post Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:06 pm

I usually use a shortcut made by innerspace to launch the game but I have tried it via the right click menu on the innerspace window below the games list.

I can't seem to get it to launch the game window past the patcher again even after rebooting( and that seemed to work last time)

Do you have a way I can attach a debugger or something to this that records each step in the process of innerspace/isboxer launching the game?

I have also been trying to do more research and attached a debugger windbg to see if it would spit out anything that I would recognize as an error that I could search for in google. But soon as I attached a debugged to innerspace.exe it started working again.

I
<<

DavidW

Post Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:51 pm

So I have close the game by the X Quit command in game and launched it three times and its working but the debugger is still attached to innerspace.exe and its launched all three times.

I also closed the debugger and relaunched innerspace then ran my group set vi the shortcut it made with isboxer suite and its launched all three times.

So no clue why its working 100% of the time now

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic