FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

NoSpecCache Error

Moderator: MiRai

<<

xendoshi

Post Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:54 pm

NoSpecCache Error

Was just on discord and was having a chat there, but I wanted to document it here as well just in case someone else has the same problem.

I have just came back to ISBOXER after a few years and a new PC.

After running through the wizard and setting up the required key binds I exported it to Inner Space.
When running my profile the launcher works as expected, the game launches but then throws up the error
that is in the tittle. If I launch the game without inner Space the game will launch and work fine.
I also have bitraider turned off [or set to "true"] in the launcher.ini file. This problem is also on a fresh install of isboxer as
I just re subscribed within two hours of this post so its all a fresh install.

I would like to mention that when I got on to the discord channel there was another person who was also having the same
exact problem so I knew that it wasn't just me. As I said I wanted to make a note here for others who might be running into
this problem and also to perhaps track any solutions to the problem.

Xendoshi.
<<

MisterGrim

Post Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:52 pm

Re: NoSpecCache Error

+ 1 on this issue. I can saw the discussion on the forums. I can provide a little information for my specific circumstance. I've been using IS on SWTOR for about a month. Sunday I Multi-boxed SWTOR with no problems. Monday I got home from work fired up IS saw that there was an update and installed it. Loaded one of my character sets and after the first character logged on and resized and moved to my other screen (my terminology may be wrong but I refer to this as that slot losing focus) about 5-10 seconds after that the fps readout on that window went to zero and then the Failure to write to NodeSpecCache error popped up. I have Disable Bit-Raider is set to True in all of my launcher settings files. About 2 months ago I did a complete Re-install and no longer have the Bit-Raider program on my PC. I think that I was using build 6581 originally, but failed to double check prior to updating. I rolled back my IS build version to 6581 and 6580. The game runs fine if I launch through the games launcher directly. It also launches through IS as a single instance. There have been no updates to the game lately. I Installed a Windows 8.1 security patch on 10/4 and used IS to multi-boxed on 10/5 and 10/6. Let me know if you need more information and/or me to try to figure out how to capture whatever logs you may need.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:51 pm

Inner Space build 6588, the new development build of Inner Space as of this post, should resolve this issue. Please give it a shot and let me know.

To try it out, right click Inner Space, click Patcher, click the "Development" tab, click "Check for Updates" if needed (make sure it shows patch notes for 6588 or later), and then click "Install Now" to actually install it.
<<

catbastet

Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:22 am

I am also having this issue, and the development update, 6588 made no difference. I also tried going back to the older version that I know worked and it still gave the exact same message when starting the game.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:26 am

catbastet wrote:I am also having this issue, and the development update, 6588 made no difference. I also tried going back to the older version that I know worked and it still gave the exact same message when starting the game.

Uhh... if neither the 6581 or earlier, nor 6588 or later work for you, I'm not sure the issue you're running into is caused by the same thing.
<<

catbastet

Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:29 am

could be, everything worked fine until i did the latest update. i'm getting the NoSpecCache error. I was wondering if a clean install of some sort for innerspace would help, but not sure exactly how to accomplish this. I use it everyday and update whenever I see one, usually no issue. I had been running 6579 with no problem before the update. After I did the update and it did not work, i tried every one back to 6550 and the all just gave the same error.
Last edited by catbastet on Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:40 am

If build 6581 does not work, the issue is not related to what we suspected, and you will need to go further back in build numbers.

6535 is the previous live build.

If you have not uninstalled Inner Space, you can revert to your previously installed build any time an update breaks things, via the History tab in the Patcher.
<<

catbastet

Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:48 am

yeah, I was using the history tab to go back to previous builds. I managed to install one and now I can't open innerspace at all so i am apparently going to have to reinstall. hopefully i'm not going to have to redo all of ISBoxer from scratch or i may just give up completely, it was a huge pain to get it set up the way I liked it in the first place. Yep looks like i'm done, it erased all my settings
Last edited by catbastet on Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
<<

xendoshi

Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:54 am

I downloaded the 6588 build and I as well am still having the same error.

lax wrote:If build 6581 does not work, the issue is not related to what we suspected, and you will need to go further back in build numbers.

6535 is the previous live build.

If you have not uninstalled Inner Space, you can revert to your previously installed build any time an update breaks things, via the History tab in the Patcher.

I am willing to try an older build but unsure as to how. As I said Mine is a fresh install of innerspace so I don't have a history to revert back to.
If you need me to do specific steps to try and resolve it I'll be happy to.

One thing I would like to add is my hardware, just in case that' could cause problems.?

CPU: Ryzen 3700X
GPU: 5700 XT
RAM: 32 GB 3200 DDR4
SSD: 1 TB Samsung

As I said I don't know anything about this software. Just want to be as thorough as I can be.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:59 am

Press Windows+R, and in the Windows Run box, paste this in
Code:
"%ProgramData%\Lavish Software\utils\LavishBuild" install innerspace live "1.16 build 6535"

That should get you going again. You do not need to uninstall/reinstall ISBoxer.
Next

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic