FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

NoSpecCache Error

Moderator: MiRai

<<

catbastet

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:16 pm

Re: NoSpecCache Error

Most of the stuff in here so far did nothing for me, but it did give me the key to what fixed it for me.
Kris-1 wrote:2. I copy Folder SWTOR and SWTOR Preff From --> C: USer--> App data--Local look for folder SWTOR and SwtorPreff

I looked c:\Users\username\AppData\Local\swtor
there were a few strange files/folders that had never been there before the update so i deleted them
DiskCacheStatic (folder)
DiskCacheStatic (file)
DiskCacheStream

I am pretty sure nothing but the settings folder should be in here. Before deleting these I got the error every time since the update no matter what I did. After deleting them I am back up and running. At this point I am running build 6535 again, so I'm not sure if that matters, although based on Kris-1's post it may not. I am a bit afraid to update now though but since I am back at square one as it is I may do it just to see.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:21 pm

Okay guys. I will have a new build available shortly to resolve the issue.

In the meantime I have instructions for you to get back to playing.

The error occurs with the live build in SSN (non-Bitraider) mode. After getting the error with the live build in SSN mode, THEN the error will continue to occur in both Bitraider or SSN mode.

To resolve the NodeSpecCache error with Bitraider mode (normal, default-as-installed, before ISBoxer turns it off because it thinks it needs to be off), Press Windows+R and paste in exactly like this: %LocalAppData%\SWTOR\swtor

If SWTOR is not running, there should NOT be any "DiskCacheStatic" or "DiskCacheStream" files or folders (in my copy, the only thing that is there when the game is shut down is a settings folder). These are temporary, and are only used DURING gameplay. The NodeSpecCache error is popping up because DiskCacheStatic exists as a folder, and the game wants to make a file with the same name, but cannot do so because of the folder.

After deleting those folders, the error in Bitraider mode will go away. You can get back to playing after doing this, by making sure your launcher settings files are in Bitraider mode as described previously in the thread.

I am working on an update to permanently resolve the issue. Stay tuned and thanks for your patience. :)
<<

Hickeystone

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:49 pm

lax wrote:
Hickeystone wrote:I did notice that when I run the game from the drop down; In the upper left I get the four diagnostic lines. FPS, System Ram, Process Memory, Texture memory. They stay up when the game runs. However when I launch a team, they show for a few seconds, the screen blinks and the bottom three disappear. Only "FPS" remains.

That is normal behavior. The memory indicators are visible by default from Inner Space (i.e. when you launch a Profile directly without using ISBoxer). ISBoxer turns them off and leaves the FPS indicator (i.e. when you launch your team or a slot).

There's a tick box in your ISBoxer settings if you want to turn off the FPS indicator as well.

I know. I was looking for a tick box to turn them on because now that windows forces stealth updates to Win 10 that you can't turn off, I was wondering if they introduced a bug into windows/.net that only manifests with the the SWTOR type launcher and your software.

I know that sounds highly unlikely. It MUST be YOUR software. Microsoft never plays fast and loose with the POSIX standard. </sarc> (Was that tag really needed?) :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:06 pm

Inner Space build 6593 is now LIVE, and includes a permanent fix for the SWTOR NodeSpecCache error. With this build you do not need to take ANY special steps.

- You do not need to turn Bitraider on
- You don't need to turn Bitraider off
- You don't need to delete any of the temporary things from the folder mentioned earlier in the thread.
- Just update and go back to launching your SWTOR teams. :D
<<

Hickeystone

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:19 pm

Works great! Thanks!!!
<<

Kris-1

Post Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:28 am

Hickeystone wrote:Works great! Thanks!!!

Awesome...seems everyone can play boxing now..have fun haha wave if you see 4 NIKITA in Bikini haha
Previous

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic