FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Odd graphics-fixed

Moderator: MiRai

<<

BioAndy

Post Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:38 pm

Re: Odd graphics-fixed

I have had this issue as well.

Running on my devlopment computer is Windows 7 64bit. with one Nvidia 560 and one Nvidia 285 & three monitors.
Two monitors are on the 560 (and display the game clients) with the third monitor running off of the 285.

I found that when setting up a new window layout, the first time you log into your accounts, (first time clients are created with the layout) that they would get this "zoomed" in effect.
After logging into each account once, and allowing this zoom affect to happen, I was then able to "quit" each game application and start the process over.

The second time of loading the game clients would than work - display all windows in their correct position with the correct resolutions etc...

I'm not sure what is happening, but anytime I create a new window layout I have to repeat this process.
It's just like the game clients are failing to initialize the first time (on a new window layout) with the correct ISboxer settings.
As a side note, when this zoom in effect is happening, it doesn't appear to be the game client resolution that is changing. For some reason ISboxer is changing my actual screen resolution from 1920x1200 to 800x600. Really weird.

**Edited for spelling.**
<<

highliner420

Post Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:06 pm

A little update on this problem.

My mon setup is a 24" and a 22" mon in landscape mode on one vid card and a 22" in portrait mode on the secondary vid card. I've been doing some more troubleshooting as I would like to get the 3rd mon working so I can have a browser open on it. I have found that if I change the settings for the 3rd monitor in Windows to landscape and launch ISboxer, everything works fine. I can then change the mon back to portrait and continue on with no problems. If I have the mon in portrait mode before launching ISboxer, I get the same problems as stated in the first post. Just FYI, thanks.
<<

SilentSpace

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:37 am

Hi Lax,

as we talked about this problem last time via IRC I made some progress to cut down the problem.

First of all a short desciption of my dispalys.
2 BenQ XL2410T on a EVGA 580GTX SC
1 Samsung SyncMaster 205 on my onboard adapter of my ASUS P8Z68-V PRO motherboard

The BenQ are display1 and display2, which I use also for my setup in my windows layout. Both monitors are set to 1920*1080

The only thing I do, ist to run a setup with the Quick Setup Wizard of ISB. During this setup I choose "Full Screen per Charakter (swapping)". After exporting the config to IS and running this CharSet I get on both Chars (display1 and display2) distorions like in post one above.
If I change only the size of my Region 1 in ISB (normally 1920*1080) to 1919*1080 everything works perfect.
I hope this will help you to find the problem
Windows 7 x64
Intel 2600k, 16 GB RAM, EVGA 580SC, ADATA SSD 120GB
Lotro, Riders of Rohan, German Server
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:05 am

SilentSpace wrote:Hi Lax,

as we talked about this problem last time via IRC I made some progress to cut down the problem.

First of all a short desciption of my dispalys.
2 BenQ XL2410T on a EVGA 580GTX SC
1 Samsung SyncMaster 205 on my onboard adapter of my ASUS P8Z68-V PRO motherboard

The BenQ are display1 and display2, which I use also for my setup in my windows layout. Both monitors are set to 1920*1080

The only thing I do, ist to run a setup with the Quick Setup Wizard of ISB. During this setup I choose "Full Screen per Charakter (swapping)". After exporting the config to IS and running this CharSet I get on both Chars (display1 and display2) distorions like in post one above.
If I change only the size of my Region 1 in ISB (normally 1920*1080) to 1919*1080 everything works perfect.
I hope this will help you to find the problem

The following goes for anyone still having an "Odd graphics" issue for SWTOR:
The only known problem with "Odd graphics" that remains is if the game is in Full Screen mode, and it cannot be "fixed" with an Inner Space patch. (When ISBoxer 40 comes out, however, it can check your config files to make sure the game is windowed.)

If the game is in full screen mode, the game's resolution is not going to be synced to the size of the window, and this is why the graphics look odd. If you press Alt+Enter in a window with "Odd graphics", it should switch to windowed mode and reset the graphics. The 3D view should immediately repair itself, but the game's GUI might look out of place (for example when I tested mine, the minimap was in the middle of the screen instead of on the right) -- you should be able to close that game window and then launch it again to complete the process.
<<

Dezeral

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:19 pm

Lax,

I am having the same issue and have been unable to resolve the problem. I have ensured that I am in windowed mode and yet, the 3d portion of the game window is stretched just like the original poster's screenshots. I also have 3 monitors. Mine are connected to an AMD 6970 graphics card. I have 2 regions setup, 1 on display 3 and 1 on display 2. These are 1920x1200 regions and that is the resolution that I prefer to play in.

I used the displayinfo from the IS console as you asked the OP to do. Mine returns:

Adapter resolution: 1920x1200
Current display mode: 1920x1200 (windowed)
Window viewable size: 1920x1200
Display Scale: 100.0%x100.0%, Distortion: 0.0%

However, the 3d portion of the window looks as if it is stretched about twice as wide as it should be. If you have any advice, I would greatly appreciate it.
<<

Dezeral

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:27 am

Lax,

I was able to fix my problem, but in the process of troubleshooting, I stumbled across something odd. The order that Windows reports my displays is different than the Catalyst driver and ISBoxer.

I believe that the reason my game windows had distorted graphics was because ISboxer/Innerspace was sizing the window to 1200 pixels wide. I was able to correct the problem by rotating my leftmost display back to landscape and recreating my layout.
<<

Starwitch

Post Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:33 pm

I'm also having this problem. My set up is like Dezreal without his far right monitor

Left Monitor - Windows monitor 2 (portrait)
Right Monitor - Windows monitor 1 (landscape)
( shaped like an L)

Its giving me the exact same problem. When I set up the windows layout on the right monitor it gives me the me the stretched out graphics. Its seems as if it is trying to read it as 1080x1920 instead of 1920x1080.

Another thing I found out is that when I take it out of my windows layout into the actual windows mode, it tries to reset my Display Layout on Windows 7 so that the Right Monitor is touching the top of the Left Monitor.

I've tried all of the solutions above I haven't been able to resolve it, so I just use my left monitor.
<<

finalreview

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:15 pm

http://i.imgur.com/ShTyk.jpg

i have the fat model, you cant really tell the "odd graphics" in the SS but its there.

how do i fix this? ive read through this thread and only "fix" i found was changing into window mode with a hotkey combo which doesnt work. id really like to be able to raid while doing crew skills / ah on my other 2 accounts but with this graphics problem it would effect my performance.
<<

finalreview

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:53 am

now that ive been using it more, i realize some 3D driver isnt on or something, everything is flat specially the space map for travel, its strange everything is way more 2d
Previous

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic