FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Frame rates bad with one account only in slot 1

Moderator: MiRai

<<

mcscratchy

Post Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:06 am

Frame rates bad with one account only in slot 1

So I have two SWTOR accounts I am using with ISBoxer. Randomly (I really have no idea what caused this) one of the accounts will no longer run over 10FPS when it is in slot 1. The second account runs fine in slot 1, going up to 60FPS (what ISboxer is set to), and both accounts run at 30 in slot 2 (which is what ISBoxer is set to).
Its definitely ISBoxer, as that same account runs the regular version of the game at 60ish. All FPS tests done in the fleet.

These test were done after a fresh install, and with a clean ISBoxer game xml. However, the names might be the same so maybe something in the ini file specific to that account? I don't have this issue with any other games I've tried ISBoxer with.

Any ideas would be welcome.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:55 pm

Re: Frame rates bad with one account only in slot 1

Normally, we point people at this Wiki page in order for them to see what their hardware is doing.

http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Tweak_you ... ottlenecks
<<

mcscratchy

Post Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:22 am

I do not think this is a hardware issue; I can run SWTOR without invoking it from ISBoxer without any issues.

If I run either account without invoking them from ISBoxer, I see 60+ FPS. If I invoke the accounts (either) with ISBoxer, slot 1 always runs sub 10 FPS, even if the other client has never been launched. Doesnt matter which account I login as; I've even tried a brand new FTP account.

When I invoke the game from ISBoxer, I see FPS of < 10. If I invoke it without ISBoxer, I see FPS > 60. The hardware monitor shows almost exactly the same CPU/'RAM/GPU load either way.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:01 am

That page covers possible causes of FPS issues. Also, it is kind of weird to have the same utilisation of hardware at two rather different frame rates as you are reporting.

Anyway, perhaps a look at your configuration and a diagnostic would be useful.
<<

mcscratchy

Post Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:51 am

I found that very odd as well. I've got it back to playable at this time; I removed the game from InnerSpace, and then readded, and then recreated the XML from the wizard. Seems to be better; getting the same frame rates regardless of how I launch the client now.
I didnt use many keymaps (mostly repeating with this game) so it wasn't a big deal. I'll post back if I see it again, but maybe just something wrong in the game or character config files?

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic